FordContour.Org

Coil packs???????

SVTDEMON

Anyone have any ideas or opinions on coilpacks?I have found Accel and MSD!

Anyone have any ideas or opinions on coilpacks?I have found Accel and MSD!

this is just speculation but I've heard that the accel have actually caused loss in power from someone who ran the dyno with stock and the accel, however he claims the msd is the only one that really did anything and it wasn't much of a difference over stock.

The Accel coil packs are poorly constructed IMO. I like the Screamin' Demon coil pack. Quality is on par or better than OEM. I had an Accel coil fail in only a few months. No problems from Screamin' Demon.

The Accel coil packs are poorly constructed IMO. I like the Screamin' Demon coil pack. Quality is on par or better than OEM. I had an Accel coil fail in only a few months. No problems from Screamin' Demon.

Is it safe to assume that you are refering to the screamin demon ford mustang V6 coilpack!Does it matter what year?

Edited by SVTDEMON

i am referring to the Mustang V6 coil. Use the '99 and earlier coil.

Thanks alot man,that is what I figured but better safe than sorry!

• 2 weeks later...

Just ordered my new ignition setup,Screamin Demon coilpack with Thunder volt Taylor 8.2 wires red.It should look very nice and perform even better!

i can't say it performs any better... but it works well, and looks good too. I have the same wires.

Yeah I have the V6 ford coilpack from the SVT V6 with a 130,000 miles on it and motorcraft oem wires that are fragged anything will perform better.

For anyone that's intrested I have slightly used Nology Hotwires for sale PM me.They were causing interference on my stereo because I run more than 2,000 watts.Perfect bolt on upgrade for any newbie,they can work with any plugs.Or you can get Nologys silverstones,Great upgrade for any car without more than 5 electrical devices on top of factory stuff.Nology is currently building me an individual COP system as we speak,I got that Hometown advantage.

Thanks Spridget for all the info ,these will definitly hold me over for a couple months while the setup is being designed and blueprinted!

• 2 weeks later...

Spridget,I installed the coilpack and new wires workin great.I noticed after I got everything putback together that the paperwork sent to me told me to increase the gap.Is that only on the mustang or does that apply to our cars too?It is currently gapped at .54 as stated in the how to section!

You might try a slighter larger gap, but you are safe with the stock gap.

Yeah I was thinking about gapping them 0.056-57 but ,I won't waste my time until the next time around.Thanks Spridget!