#1 pajacobsen

pajacobsen

• Members
  • 58 posts
  • Vehicle owned:
    1998 Ford Contour V6

Posted 21 May 2009 - 10:28 AM

Hello all,

Would someone look under their hood on a 2.5L and take a picture of their Schrader fuel relief valve and post it? I simply cannot find it! I find it easily on other vehicles, but not on my Contour (Note: please let me know if I am looking for something wrong... if, for instance, an adapter is required - i.e. is the valve not really a Schrader valve)

Edited by pajacobsen, 21 May 2009 - 10:31 AM.

#2 BrApple

BrApple

• Members
  • 1,518 posts
  • Vehicle owned:
    1999 Contour SeVT 3.0L Turbo

Posted 21 May 2009 - 11:26 AM

its directly below the tb ... has a black plastic cap on it and its right on the fuel rail

#3 MaddMike

MaddMike

• Members
  • 269 posts
  • Vehicle owned:
    1998 Contour SE Sport V6

Posted 21 May 2009 - 09:41 PM

Hello all,

Would someone look under their hood on a 2.5L and take a picture of their Schrader fuel relief valve and post it? I simply cannot find it! I find it easily on other vehicles, but not on my Contour (Note: please let me know if I am looking for something wrong... if, for instance, an adapter is required - i.e. is the valve not really a Schrader valve)

Here it is

Attached File  Fuel_valve.jpg   156.72KB   70 downloads

#4 pajacobsen

pajacobsen

• Members
  • 58 posts
  • Vehicle owned:
    1998 Ford Contour V6

Posted 22 May 2009 - 08:43 AM

MaddMik,

You wrote:

Here it is

Attached File  Fuel_valve.jpg   156.72KB   70 downloads

Thanks. Found it. Mine is actually on the other side of the MAP and for some reason pointing downwards towards the road, which is why I could not find it.

Thanks again!

#5 davidsconway

davidsconway

• Members
  • 1 posts
  • Vehicle owned:
    1999 Contour SE 2L 4cyl

Posted 04 December 2009 - 10:02 PM

what about a 99 2.0 L? Same place?

#6 mbmbmb

mbmbmb

• Members
  • 6 posts
  • Vehicle owned:
    1999 Ford Contour, 2.0L

Posted 26 June 2010 - 06:17 PM

what about a 99 2.0 L? Same place?

Wondering if you ever found the Schrader valve. I've got the same exact model and engine as you - a '99 Contour 2.0L, and I can't find the Schrader either! My fuel pump fuse blew, and I am suspecting a clogged filter, but want to check the system pressure to verify that it's below spec. Thanks for your time.

#7 goggomobil

goggomobil

• Members
  • 32 posts
  • Vehicle owned:
    1998 Mercury Mystique

Posted 26 June 2010 - 08:45 PM

2.0L: It's on the fuel rail near the quick connect fitting.

#8 Jamm0621

Jamm0621

• Members
  • 1 posts
  • Vehicle owned:
    1999 Ford Contour SE

Posted 12 January 2012 - 02:11 PM

How do I release the pressure on the Fuel Pressure Schrader Valve? I was reading a forum and it said my car has a Fuel Rail Pressure (FRP) sensor instead of that. I need to change the fuel filter and see if I can get my car working but first i need to depressurize the lines. I'm a chick trying to do this myself so any help would be appreciated! Its a 1999 Ford Contour SE 4.0 DOHC

#9 BuckeyeSVT

BuckeyeSVT

FCO Admin & Webmaster

• Admin
  • 6,221 posts
  • Interests:Contours of course..lol Engines, electronics, speed and anything else interesting enough to keep my attention.
  • Vehicle owned:
    2010 Taurus SHO 3.5EB
  • Garage Vehicles:
  • Ford Contour SVT (1999)

Posted 14 January 2012 - 08:41 PM

You can either take a small rag and a small screwdriver and depress the center shaft of the schrader while covered with a rag (to prevent fuel from squirting everywhere in the instance there is good pressure), or use a tire valve stem remover and unscrew the stem a few turns and that will release the pressure.

-Dom