FordContour.Org

New pics of my SVT paint finished and new wheels!

BuckeyeSVT

Here's the final pics of my SVT being done. I am just getting all the small things out of the way like the roof antenna and compound in the cracks.

New wheels came courtesy of Tire Rack, we stopped there while we were in Indiana picking up an SVT. We drove a half hour with a car on a trailer to the Tire Rack and looked at the wheels first hand. I ordered them, they mounted and balanced them and we were on our way with 4 new wheels and tires in the back of the truck..lol.

Here's some shots, bigger screen shots can be found in my gallery.

med_gallery_1032_239_4210175.jpg

med_gallery_1032_239_4129449.jpg

med_gallery_1032_239_4554121.jpg

med_gallery_1032_239_2936379.jpg

I think it looks way better in person as the pics don't show the flip to purple in the blue like it does looking at it.

Enjoy.

-Dom

• Like 1

looks like ass... save yourself the embarrassment and let me haul it away for you. :P

Srsly, the wheels make the paint look 10X better.

Nice very nice! Then again we wouldn't expect anything less from you! B)

Nice very nice! Then again we wouldn't expect anything less from you! B)

You've definitely got good taste and GD that color looks good, better everytime I see it and those wheels compliment it very well.

What are the details on the wheels/tires?

And I like how you get things done, just trailer it down the turnpike and get it done B)

PM sent also.

-J

It looks great ... I don't tend to like Contours ... too boring in most cases, but yours is one of a few that makes me actually want to get one to replace my SHO

You've definitely got good taste and GD that color looks good, better everytime I see it and those wheels compliment it very well.

What are the details on the wheels/tires?

And I like how you get things done, just trailer it down the turnpike and get it done B)

PM sent also.

-J

Wheels are ASA AR6 18x7.5. Tires are Sumitomo HTR 3's, summer tires (300 Treadwear, AA Traction and A Temperature). I receieved a pretty good deal on all 4 so I decided to go 18 instead of 17".

med_gallery_1032_239_3826703.jpg

I am unsure how i feel about the wheels, but the color looks fantastic. I would love to see this car with the euro svt focus wheels.

I was debating going with the SVT Focus 6 spoke 17x7 wheels, however it would still look too "stock" IMO and it seems like everyone has European Mondeo wheels.. I'm not a follower, I normally buck the trend :lol:

Now my brakes look puny... I know what's next.

-Dom

• Like 1

Here's some more pics from yesterday when I was driving it on and off... This is shot with a different camera (Sony 5MP vs. Samsung 10.2MP). Here you can see the purple hue and flip.

NP1.jpg

NP2.jpg

NP3.jpg

-Dom

The paint is stunning. The more pics I see the better it looks.

Didnt think you would go with 18s again. New brake time!

18's weren't my first pick until I saw the wheel and decided I needed it bigger to look right on the car. Brakes are going to happen soon.

Car looks awesome in person. cant wait to put both next to eachother!!!! His rims make mine look tiny :angry:

Aww, poor Billy....lol

I agree with Spridget. It looks alright. You should give it away to one of the other moderators on this site and find yourself a new one.

LOL!

I guess good clean SVT's are hard to come by as I've had 2 offers to sell it so far and then everyone else asking when I will do another one...LOL. Not for sale and I'm not doing another one for quite some time. I'm not in the restoration business, but maybe I should look into that sometime in the future.

-Dom

• 4 weeks later...

And thanks to Brian I have an additional upgrade to make my wheels look great! 13" Baer Big Brake Kit for the fronts.... Now I can look and stop in style.

Picture1_019.jpg

-Dom

• Like 1

And thanks to Brian I have an additional upgrade to make my wheels look great! 13" Baer Big Brake Kit for the fronts.... Now I can look and stop in style.

post-1032-1245548410_thumb.jpg

-Dom

Very very nice, completes the big wheel perfectly.

How do you like the performance?

I went in on a GB for a bracket to use Cobra calipers (basically the same dual piston PBR as Baer) and found an awesome deal on those same 13" Baer rotors. Just need to rebuild the calipers and get some SS lines.

Have you thought about the NPG rear kit that uses the SVT front rotors out back? I want to look into that.

-J

I have limited wheel time with the new brakes. They do have a nice bite once the pads warm up.

The NPG kit is basically a bracket mod that allows you to use the rotor from the front on the rear.... HOWEVER. I am not a fan of the "disclaimers" they have about grinding to make it work and then possible other "issues". Sorry, I'll come up with a different solution that doesn't require me to sign off my life to use their mod.

And $135 for the brackets? Highway Robbery.

-Dom

• 2 years later...

I'm drooling! Love the color! My '98 SE is the same color, I've also had a F-150 with that color, and a Mercury Mountaineer with a slighty lighter blue color- you could really see the purple in that...

It turns heads and wins awards... Good enough for me..lol.

-Dom

How do you like the Sumitomo's? I ask because I'm running 18" Conti DW's that provide an excellent ride and grip but I'm not happy with their directional stability. Been thinking Michelin's next but the Korean stuff keeps getting better (like Kuhmo) but haven't heard much about Sumi's.

I actually dumped the Sumi's for Yokohama S-Drive's... They corner and handle much better than the cheaper Sumi's.

I like the S-Drive's so far... 2,000 miles on them so far.

-Dom