4 replies to this topic

#1 Eric351M

Eric351M

• Members
  • 2 posts
  • Vehicle owned:
    2000 Contour SE V6

Posted 09 October 2010 - 07:24 PM

I have a 2000 Contour SE V6 DOHC and im changing the fuel pressure regulator. The only thing is that i can't seem to find it. I have the Haynes manual and it says that it is located right underneath the intake manifold. I took the manifold off and it is not there, can someone help me out in locating the fuel pressure regulator or point me in the right direction, Thanks.

#2 BuckeyeSVT

BuckeyeSVT

FCO Admin & Webmaster

• Admin
  • 6,221 posts
  • Interests:Contours of course..lol Engines, electronics, speed and anything else interesting enough to keep my attention.
  • Vehicle owned:
    2010 Taurus SHO 3.5EB
  • Garage Vehicles:
  • Ford Contour SVT (1999)

Posted 09 October 2010 - 10:43 PM

2000 does not have a conventional fuel pressure regulator. The pressure sensor is located on the fuel rail where the fuel line connects to the rail. Normally they don't fail, what's the issue?

-Dom

#3 Eric351M

Eric351M

• Members
  • 2 posts
  • Vehicle owned:
    2000 Contour SE V6

Posted 10 October 2010 - 08:20 AM

Thanks, i have low fuel pressure and i already changed the fuel pump and fuel filter. Its doing better but its still feels fuel deprived and turns off on me. I guess the next thing would be to service the injectors.

#4 BuckeyeSVT

BuckeyeSVT

FCO Admin & Webmaster

• Admin
  • 6,221 posts
  • Interests:Contours of course..lol Engines, electronics, speed and anything else interesting enough to keep my attention.
  • Vehicle owned:
    2010 Taurus SHO 3.5EB
  • Garage Vehicles:
  • Ford Contour SVT (1999)

Posted 10 October 2010 - 08:12 PM

Actually the fuel pump assemblies are actually pretty bad on those. There was a service bulletin about the fuel pump assemblies causing all sorts of driveability issues.

I would replace the pump if it hasn't been already with the Ford updated assembly.

-Dom

#5 ddayton

ddayton

• Members
  • 2 posts
  • Vehicle owned:
    2000 ford contour SE

Posted 24 October 2010 - 10:10 AM

2000 does not have a conventional fuel pressure regulator. The pressure sensor is located on the fuel rail where the fuel line connects to the rail. Normally they don't fail, what's the issue?

-Dom

i am having a problem with my 2000 contour with the fuel pressure too. I have already replaced the fuell filters and pump and it seems to smother out from lack of fuel pressure. I had it checked and was told the fuel pressure drops off. I can let it set and then crank it back up and it will run for a bit then shut back down.