#1 Aussie Ford

Aussie Ford

• Admin
  • 2,119 posts
  • Vehicle owned:
    1995 Contour GL 4banger

Posted 25 June 2011 - 09:46 AM

Mystique your back seat:

Rear dome light mod.... lately I have been doing several mods to my 99 svt. Some by necessity others for the heck of it. Again the goal is to make it as fancy as my wifes 95 GL 4 banger now with svt exhaust too.. :P

It is time for the Mystique rear dome light to be installed to provide light for the back seat cave. This is not a new mod but perhaps you haven't seen it.

Parts:

Mystique rear dome light.

Wiring harness.

3 scotch locks.

Attached File  P1.JPG   75.76KB   17 downloads

One needs to start it at the JY. The part is very easy to pop out of the Mystique. I usually take the light out, loosen the driver side of the headliner by;

Remove the two rear headliner retainers. They are a T type and have two parts where the top one inserts into and spreads the bottom one.

Remove the rear grab handle there are two screws under the flip open covers.

Remove the weather stripping at the front and rear doors.

Grab the "C" pillar cover and pop it out but not all the way off.

Attached File  P2.jpg   62.41KB   15 downloads

Remove the "B" pillar cover by pulling inward then up. It will hang there by the seat belt and you need to ensure when reinstalling that the seat belt adjuster is in the correct position and works. 99's and 00's have a screw under a cover at the top also.

Attached File  P3.jpg   59.57KB   12 downloads

Remove the "A" pillar cover by grabbing and pulling inward on a slight diagonal. Most likely you will break some or all of the white plastic retainers. At the JY keep trying until you have 3 good ones for your install.

Attached File  P4.jpg   35.19KB   15 downloads

Remove the visor.

Now that the headliner is all loose reach up along the roof edge and remove the harness and clips. Then at the "A" pillar I cut the wire down as close to the dash as possible.

Just getting these parts lets you know what to do for install. However prep depends on how and where you plan to connect it. Some people power it from the front light using scotch locks or solder. I usually tie it to the power at the "A" pillar. It is the same circuit just a different location. If you also choose to do that be sure you have the 3 "A" pillar clips handy because when removing the trim you will break one or all of them. Either way you will want to clean up the end of the harness to make it easy for your connection and ensure you have enough length. You also need to cut it at the top corner of the windshield where it branches off to the front dome light and lighted visors if you have them. (or don't cut it and take the whole thing)

If you don't have a moonroof this is very simple to do just cut the hole and fish the wires from the front light to the rear dome. With the moonroof one has to fish the wires around that so I started by removing the trim around the opening…. And all the rest , as I did at the JY. (it's a good time to do the lighted moonroof switch too.)

Attached File  P5.jpg   43.19KB   18 downloads

I remove the rear headliner retainers to check the location of the hole….. it is centered between the retainers and about 4" forward from the back edge. But you know that from the JY already.

Just cut the hole in the headliner by following around the inside of the hole in the roof support with your knife. It's about 1"x3".

Attached File  P6.jpg   37.83KB   17 downloads

Then run the wires and make your connections. I prefer to install the harness in the factory manor and solder the connections at the "A" pillar. However, I have also used the scotch locks and both methods work ok. If using the scotch locks the size of both wires should match.

Attached File  P7.JPG   60.67KB   15 downloads Attached File  P8.JPG   31.46KB   14 downloads Attached File  P9.jpg   52.42KB   18 downloads

This time I tried to just do the simple thing but, I already had the "A" pillar trim off due to another project, and since I was also adding a pig tail for a lighted visor mirror on the driver's side I just went and did it using the clips like the factory does and well….. It all took about an hour......
Attached File  P10.JPG   60.64KB   15 downloads

AF

#2 spridget

spridget

I eat fried rice.

• Moderators
  • 2,774 posts
  • Interests:driving fast
  • Vehicle owned:
    1999 SVT

Posted 27 June 2011 - 04:43 AM

Possibly my favorite mod to the Contour next to the 3L engine. I cut the hole in the headliner the same way... with a sharp knife, like buttah.

#3 Aussie Ford

Aussie Ford

• Admin
  • 2,119 posts
  • Vehicle owned:
    1995 Contour GL 4banger

Posted 27 June 2011 - 08:20 AM

The three mods I use most are:
The fog light mod.
The rear dome light.
The auto ups & downs on the windows.

However after about a week one tends to forget about them..... they are just taken for granted. Which to me is how a good mod should be. As I am working my way around to getting the SVT up to speed, mod wise that is, I haven't done the windows yet and you can't count the number of times I hit the up button and when nothing happens I'm still surprised...... LOL

Both dreading and looking forward to a 3.0L mod....... perhaps in the 95 LOL (someday)

AF

#4 japedPab

japedPab

• Members
  • 141 posts
  • Vehicle owned:
    oapedPabFT

Posted 12 October 2017 - 03:02 AM

Discounts! beautiful product pages

progect13.jpg
Products which fall under this return policy can be returned domestically, as long as they are unused and in the original packaging. No questions asked!
If a product that falls under this guarantee is found to be counterfeit, you will get a full refund (shipping costs included).

buy.png

READ MORE
Ikaria Lace Silver Leather Flat Sandal ( 160.00 $)
Xqxa ethnic women backpack for school teenagers girls vintage stylish ladies bag backpack female dotted printing high quality ( 32.29 $)
Sunborls stylish canvas printing backpack women school bags for teenage girls cute set black backpacks female ( 9.59 $)
10pcs melamine sponge magic sponge eraser melamine cleaner eco friendly white kitchen magic eraser 10 6 ( 0.68 $)
"Ezakaz.ru" — online furniture store in Moscow
Elegant white black patchwork office dress women autumn fashion casual there quarter sleeve ol tunic dresses ladies robe femme ( 12.79 $)
New Fashion Girls Casual Canvas Shoulder Bag Tote Women Cartoon Mickey Handbag Big Capacity Hello Kitty Shopping Bag Satchel Bag ( 6.46 $)
Cube i7 Book 2 in 1 Tablet PC-331.08 $
Baker 36MM Silver Tone Stainless Steel Womens Watch ( 199.00 $)
Free shipping!!original soocoo s70 wifi 2k sport action camera with watch remote control+waterproof usb cable+extra 1pcs battery ( 106.39 $)
Yishidun new women girl kids leopard trolley cases luggage 21 inch wheels swivel casters pu travel suitcase bag free shipping ( 109.87 $)
Lilo and stitch onesie unisex onesies unisex adult warm fleece pajamas for women pajama set warm animal pajamas one piece femme ( 18.99 $)
7a body wave with closure malaysian virgin hair with closure 3 bundles with closure body wave lace closure with bundles msjoli ( 62.30 $)
Elastic tattoo sleeve 1pcs riding uv care nylon stretchy arm stockings 24 colors to choose outdoor ( 0.97 $)
Shop "AMF" — sale and delivery of flowers | Buy flowers and gifts online with delivery to Russia and worldwide | international shipping

93.png

#5 japedPab

japedPab

• Members
  • 141 posts
  • Vehicle owned:
    oapedPabFT

Posted 12 October 2017 - 03:04 AM

Discounts! must have makeup

progect13.jpg
Products which fall under this return policy can be returned domestically, as long as they are unused and in the original packaging. No questions asked!
If a product that falls under this guarantee is found to be counterfeit, you will get a full refund (shipping costs included).

buy.png

READ MORE
PANDA 30 x 25 Porro BAK4 Prism Monocular ( $8.04 )
Slimming round neck fire pattern spliced men's long sleeves sweatshirt ( 11.05 $)
BAIJIAWEI Hot Sale Lock+ Cover + Bag Laptop Backpack Men Mochila Masculina Man's Backpacks Men's Luggage & Travel Bags ( 69.98 $)
7A Brazilian Body Wave 3 Bundles Bodywave Brazilian Virgin Hair Brazillian Virgin Hair Body Wave Brazilian Hair Weave Bundles ( 55.74 $)
Dvojnaya strahovka
Military velour mens sneaker wrubber sole ( 200.60 $) N°21
Bronze Skull Ring wPearl ( 145.60 $)
High quality 42mm 8 smd 5050 led pure white dome festoon canbus error free interior car ( 1.45 $)
X-Bag Medium Foldable Shopper ( 89.00 $)
2 4a magnetic cable micro usb data cable for apple iphone 6 5 5s 6s plus ( 2.86 $)
Brazilian virgin hair body wave 7a brazillian body wave 3bundles mink brazilian hair weave bundles unprocessed virgin human hair ( 45.01 $)
Colorful Nylon Braided Fabric Micro USB Cable Data Sync Charging Cord Charger Cable For Samsung Android ( 1.09 $)
3PCS Gold Silver 3 Feet 36 Inches Giant Balloon Ball Helium Inflable Latex Balloons For Wedding Birthday Party Decoration ( 4.90 $)
Hot brazilian loose wave virgin hair 4 bundle deals rosa hair products human hair soft loose wave brazilian hair weave bundles ( 87.15 $)
Flower seeds delphinium seeds beautiful flower plant home garden flower plant aa ( 0.89 $)

248.jpg

#6 japedPab

japedPab

• Members
  • 141 posts
  • Vehicle owned:
    oapedPabFT

Posted 12 October 2017 - 03:18 AM

Discounts! new makeup coming out 2017

progect13.jpg

buy.png

READ MORE
New 3pcs white liquid chalk pen without blackboard room decorative removable vinyl wall decal good quality ( 1.89 $)
Mamochka (teleserial)
Gibel Viktora Chanova: neschastnij sluchaj ili ubijstvo?
Fashion small bag women messenger bags soft pu leather handbags crossbody bag for women clutches bolsas femininas dollar price ( 17.63 $)
7A Ombre Brazlian Curly Hair Brazilian Virgin Hair Afro Kinky Curly 3 Bundles Ombre Human Hair Kinky Curly Virgin Hair Spark OA1 ( 67.67 $)
High quality v1015 pneumatic stapler air nail gun nailer v-type nail 410.3mm 7-15mm ( 128.06 $)
Very good quality hip hop hoodies fleece men streetwear warm winter mens kanye west hoodie sweatshirt hoody olive yeezy clothing ( 45.00 $)
Bluboo Picasso 3G Smartphone-95.34 $
Trendy round neck 34 sleeve hollow out dress for women ( 15.87 $)
Wing antique gold earrings ( 173.32 $) Roberto Cavalli
Fango Suede Mule ( 145.00 $)
Hh obd elm327 bluetooth obd2 obdii can bus check engine car auto diagnostic scanner tool interface adapter for android pc ( 13.30 $)
SLEEPY | Blankets with sleeves, Sleepy
High quality 10pcs ha x 1 130 705h 15x1 needles size 9 11 12 14 16 ( 0.45 $)
3 pcsset women backpack canvas printing school bags for teenagers girls backpacks cute rucksack schoolbag lady bookbags female ( 18.32 $)

86bb.jpg