FordContour.Org

SPAX adjustable struts

spridget

I haven't been on the site in a while. Fortunately I have made some progress since my last visit. The '99 3L got new BAT Euro springs and SPAX adjustable struts. The front BAT springs are the same ride height as the Roush springs I replaced. The rear BAT springs are about an inch taller than the Roush springs. All springs have the same number of coils. The SPAX struts are shorter than stock struts. Each strut has 28 positions between hard and soft. At full hard, the ride is very stiff, although not uncomfortable. I have settled for a setting in the middle. Ride is still quite stiff and body roll is nonexistent. I'm very impressed with the overall change. Wish I had completed this swap years ago. The parts have actually been in my garage for about 7 years.

14496284683_c11c72a661_b.jpg

Very nice upgrade indeed!!! Thanks for the update....I also feel much better as my BAT struts/springs also spent 7 years in the garage/basement before being installed ;-)

I have had the BAT spring/strut combo on two cars previously and liked the setup. The Roush springs previously on this car were quite good until the struts began to fail. The rear was riding a bit too low. The new springs may not yet have settled completely, so ride height is about .5-1" taller than with the previous setup. I believe they will remain about .5" higher than the Roush.

• 3 weeks later...

i have konis in the front and putting spax in the rear. im running ground controls at 600lb front spring and 400 rear. felt really good before on all 4 konis. cant wait to try the spax, i think i like them more now because of the hex head adjuster knob