Photo

What 25-Year-Old Foreign Car Would You Import For Yourself?

• Please log in to reply
2 replies to this topic

#1 giganto

giganto

• Members
  • 526 posts
  • Vehicle owned:
    1995 Mystique GS

Posted 28 August 2015 - 04:24 PM

Starting in 2018, the first generation of Mondeos will be able to be imported without the DOT and EPA crushing them into cubes.  So I'm planning a little vacation to europe to get the diesel fastback Mondeo I've always wanted, or maybe a wagon...whichever is less rusty.  I'll be on the continent to get a left-hand-drive, so I'll have a language barrier rather than have to get a job at the post office.  I wonder if I should rebadge it as a Contour in case the police notice it?  

Anyway, what unavailable cars do you desire?  A diesel Toyota Hilux? A japanese Kei car?  One of the original Ford Transit vans?

#2 XtraGassy

XtraGassy

• Members
  • 29 posts

Posted 01 November 2015 - 11:53 AM

Two month old post with no replies, but I'll bite.

I would like a Lancia Delta HF Integrale. I'm not too particular about the Integrale trim, but I want one with a 2.0L turbo, a 5-speed, and AWD.

#3 96_concept_GL

96_concept_GL

• Moderators
  • 968 posts
  • Interests:Old things, broken things and becoming independently wealthy.
  • Vehicle owned:
    2002 BMW 325i

Posted 04 November 2015 - 04:11 PM

Land Rover Defender.  

I lived in the UK for 3 years and these were the most fun RHD vehicles I was around, by far.  Being military, there were plenty of Skylines, BMWs and other toys around but the Defender owns my respect.

While I was there, I sampled the local driving experience by owning a few cars and a bike.  '99 Citroen Saxo, '01 Rover 600, and a  '97 BMW 328i.  I'll never own a French car again.  Rover went to hell when they started selling Hondas and after that starter experience with the Bimmer, my driveway will always have a roundel.