45 replies to this topic

#41 900Contour

900Contour

• Members
  • 62 posts
  • Vehicle owned:
    99 Contour LX 2.0L

Posted 08 March 2016 - 03:17 AM

If I keep it, this is my next upgrade. I bought this one off eBay to put on our Freestar. I couldn't be happier with it. 4.3" monitor in the mirror. The mirror looks just like OEM Gentex mirror.

Attached Files

#42 giganto

giganto

• Members
  • 526 posts
  • Vehicle owned:
    1995 Mystique GS

Posted 08 March 2016 - 02:48 PM

Just the other day I was thinking of how to put a "dash" cam in front of  the rear-view mirror.  I wonder if anyone makes something that combines these two functions into one installation.   My mother seems to have an itch to get another new car, but maybe I can just upgrade her old Camry.

#43 SVTDEMON

SVTDEMON

• Members
  • 1,912 posts
  • Interests:Live fast ,Die young,leave a good looking corpse! Culinary Arts, Military TMO Contacting, and fooling around!
  • Vehicle owned:
    98 SVT Contour

Posted 09 March 2016 - 12:27 AM

If I keep it, this is my next upgrade. I bought this one off eBay to put on our Freestar. I couldn't be happier with it. 4.3" monitor in the mirror. The mirror looks just like OEM Gentex mirror.

Just keep it  :idea:  :please:

#44 900Contour

900Contour

• Members
  • 62 posts
  • Vehicle owned:
    99 Contour LX 2.0L

Posted 12 March 2016 - 04:03 PM

Just the other day I was thinking of how to put a "dash" cam in front of  the rear-view mirror.  I wonder if anyone makes something that combines these two functions into one installation.   My mother seems to have an itch to get another new car, but maybe I can just upgrade her old Camry.

The same company I bought that one from has several versions of the mirror.
Mine is basic, no auto dim, only hidden 4.3" monitor. It has two RCA video inputs, one is turned on by reverse lamps and pressing pwr button switches.
They have monitor mirrors with Bluetooth and shows caller id in the screen.
They have ones with built in forward facing HD camera and DVR built in.

All on eBay. Several different sellers, but all from same Chinese factory.

#45 900Contour

900Contour

• Members
  • 62 posts
  • Vehicle owned:
    99 Contour LX 2.0L

Posted 12 March 2016 - 04:20 PM

http://m.ebay.com/it...1376?nav=SEARCH

This one has front facing camera, buy it says 170degree angle fisheye lens. Not sure if you want fisheye for dash cam. There are other models on eBay. Compare several, I paid $99 plus $24 shipping for mine. But same seller had same mirror for $175 w free ship, $45 w $100 shipping.
Mine came with back up radar, but now those are double price.

#46 99ContourSEinVB

99ContourSEinVB

• Members
  • 1 posts
  • Vehicle owned:
    1999 Contour SE V6

Posted 28 May 2016 - 12:16 PM

Are you still looking for a power seat base?  I'm headed to Pick-n-Pull in Virginia Beach this afternoon and will check to see if they have any with power seats.