Photo

Over heating only in traffic (no problem on interstate)

• Please log in to reply
2 replies to this topic

#1 cmk033

cmk033

• Members
  • 39 posts
  • Vehicle owned:
    95 Contour LX 2.0

Posted 11 July 2017 - 04:25 PM

My son in Toledo, Ohio is having the problem and I think it is fan not getting turned on. I wish I was there to help him out but not the case.

I am guessing, may be with problematic harness of this Contour may be the problem. If so, this will be a common problem for others. I am trying to see if anyone has experienced same problem.

If a wire is stripped and is touching the body anywhere, may be fuse would be out.

Any lead would be greatly appreciated in helping out my son, remotely. Thanks in advance.

#2 SVTDEMON

SVTDEMON

• Members
  • 1,916 posts
  • Interests:Live fast ,Die young,leave a good looking corpse! Culinary Arts, Military TMO Contacting, and fooling around!
  • Vehicle owned:
    98 SVT Contour

Posted 12 July 2017 - 03:59 PM

Belt snapped? Bad ground,blown fuse.  Could be alot of things need to be more specific. 

Harness will usually give you alot of problems but usually with the O2s and operation of engine. 

If you want I can dig out my factory books and give you the trouble shooting run down? 

#3 2000SVTC

2000SVTC

• Members
  • 195 posts
  • Vehicle owned:
    2000 SVT Contour

Posted 16 July 2017 - 08:13 PM

IIRC fans ground at the crossmember at top or side of radiator.  Another idea might be to try running A/C, if the issue is a temp sensor or temp sensor wiring it might be possible to force the fans to run by running A/C.