95 contour timing

• Please log in to reply
5 replies to this topic

#1 gookdog

gookdog

• Members
  • 3 posts

Posted 11 November 2003 - 12:18 AM

could someone give me good advice on how to time and 95 ford contour dohc my timing belt can way loose i think the tensioner came loose on it thanks

#2 gookdog

gookdog

• Members
  • 3 posts

Posted 12 November 2003 - 03:33 AM

im a noobie to contour i just need to check the timing i had to replace the the idle tensioner on it please give in info thanks

#3 BuckeyeSVT

BuckeyeSVT

FCO Admin & Webmaster

• Admin
  • 6,221 posts
  • Interests:Contours of course..lol Engines, electronics, speed and anything else interesting enough to keep my attention.
  • Vehicle owned:
    2010 Taurus SHO 3.5EB
  • Garage Vehicles:
  • Ford Contour SVT (1999)

Posted 12 November 2003 - 08:55 AM

Ok. You need certain tools to set/check timing on a Zetec engine.

If you replaced the idler or tensioner but didn't remove the belt you should be ok. If you replaced the tensioner but didn't move the cams or crankshaft - And you put it back together exactly the way it came apart - You're ok.

If not, you'll need a cam alignment tool (Which can be fabricated if needed) and a guide.

-Doc

#4 gookdog

gookdog

• Members
  • 3 posts

Posted 12 November 2003 - 10:08 AM

well im not for sure if it jump any teeth at all the tensioner broke and it shift all to one side the belt nevr came off or broke i didnt take it off car runs but i think it might have jumped how can i fab the tools for it or were can i buy them at a good price and i thank you for the help

#5 BuckeyeSVT

BuckeyeSVT

FCO Admin & Webmaster

• Admin
  • 6,221 posts
  • Interests:Contours of course..lol Engines, electronics, speed and anything else interesting enough to keep my attention.
  • Vehicle owned:
    2010 Taurus SHO 3.5EB
  • Garage Vehicles:
  • Ford Contour SVT (1999)

Posted 12 November 2003 - 08:10 PM

I can sell you the cam alignment tool (brand new still in the box) for $20.00. It was for a project that I think I'll never get around to.

-Doc

#6 Terry Haines

Terry Haines

• Moderators
  • 11,616 posts
  • Vehicle owned:
    98 contour se v6

Posted 12 November 2003 - 08:29 PM

....get a shop manual or a Ford CD before you attempt such a job....to expensive if you screw it up!