What does the term "blog" mean to you?

• Please log in to reply
1 reply to this topic

#1 BuckeyeSVT

BuckeyeSVT

Has been admin!

• Admin
  • 6,222 posts
  • Interests:Contours of course..lol Engines, electronics, speed and anything else interesting enough to keep my attention.
  • Vehicle owned:
    2015 Fusion Titanium AWD
  • Garage Vehicles:
  • Ford Contour SVT (1999)

Posted 24 December 2006 - 06:04 PM

Wikipedia states that the word "blog" is defined as:

A blog is a user generated website where entries are made in journal style and displayed in a reverse chronological order.

Blogs often provide commentary or news on a particular subject, such as food, politics, or local news; some function as more personal online diaries. A typical blog combines text, images, and links to other blogs, web pages, and other media related to its topic. The ability for readers to leave comments in an interactive format is an important part of many blogs. Most blogs are primarily textual although some focus on photographs (photoblog), sketchblog, videos (vlog), or audio (podcasting), and are part of a wider network of social media.

The term "blog" is derived from "Web log." "Blog" can also be used as a verb, meaning to maintain or add content to a blog.

We provide free blogs to our members, however lately I see that some individuals have no clue for what purpose they serve. Firstly, they are NOT an outlet for asking personal questions about your car to other members. That is what the forums are for! Don't confuse the two... they are separate for a reason. A blog is for any member who wishes to keep an online diary or diatribe of events or mapping progress on a certain progress or build on your Contour. They can be used for your personal life and things happening inside of it. As long as blogs are created and used for those purposes they are welcome to be posted. Pointless question asking blogs will be immediately erased and the member warned. This is a simple section of the site - And it's being misused / misunderstood by some. This post serves as stating the purpose and meaning of the blogs and warning those who start blogs for the sole purpose of asking questions to other members that they will be deleted and that member warned.

Thanks,

-Dom

#2 fornetti14

fornetti14

• Members
  • 108 posts
  • Vehicle owned:
    1999 Mercury Mystique LS

Posted 25 December 2006 - 06:12 PM

Cool. I like the blog section and have been meaning to update mine.