SCT has now determined that their database for the EXE1 is corrupted. Comparing the EXE1 base fuel map to the EXE3 fuel map shows an obvious problem.... they are supposed to be working on a new database.
In the meantime, another SCT dealer (the third to help now) has offered another tune. It's not bad. WOT is around 12:1 now, but I'm still getting rich codes.
I finished the stereo install (finally!). I mounted the MTX 421D amp to the back of the SVT split fold rear seats along with a Polk Audio ported box that contains 4 6x9" subs. Older sub kit, but works very well in this smaller car, and the amp is more than plenty. I got my bumps in da trunk!