FordContour.Org

Congrats Adam98SVT!

BuckeyeSVT

Guest D's nuts

No TOM I dont thikn a phone call is inorder. I think some pix are inorder and the hole story. I've bit my lip long enough. And no TOM Im not talking shiz about ur tuner. I think thye do a good job. Im talking about you. But we will wait till monday for this :boxing:

• Replies 51
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

No TOM I dont thikn a phone call is inorder. I think some pix are inorder and the hole story. I've bit my lip long enough. And no TOM Im not talking shiz about ur tuner. I think thye do a good job. Im talking about you. But we will wait till monday for this :boxing:

Where are you going with all this? Pics of what? Have you lost it completely? You are already in it deep enough and you want to gun for me also? :rolleyes:

The joking around has seriously stopped. If you choose to hijack threads for your own "hidden agenda" I'll take two steps to put a stop to that permanently. I'm being very serious and clear about this. I'm not playing a game. I'm sure you're bad mouthing me right now with Adam, as I had to hear it from someone else you were badmouthing me in the first place because you weren't man enough to call me and say something. I've always been there everytime you've ever called about anything!!! Geezus, give me a break man. The slack has ended here.

-Dom

How the hell you going to tune a car with out a dyno? Its funny everytime you tune a car over their there dyno breaks :g:

My first 3L tune was done on the street while my tuner's dyno was down. You plug in an wideband O2 and data log or, as we did, take it out on an empty highway and run it out to 120mph while I sat in the passengers seat and monitored the AFR. (don't try this at home kids!) He did some minor tuning to correct part throttle, but most of it was done for WOT. Once his dyno was back up, the car was retuned in the shop, safely and responsibly.

My first 3L tune was done on the street while my tuner's dyno was down. You plug in an wideband O2 and data log or, as we did, take it out on an empty highway and run it out to 120mph while I sat in the passengers seat and monitored the AFR. (don't try this at home kids!) He did some minor tuning to correct part throttle, but most of it was done for WOT. Once his dyno was back up, the car was retuned in the shop, safely and responsibly.

Good thing is that we already had a baseline tune for that motor already built. Fortunately unlike your tuner, mine has done quite a few now. :thumbs:

-Dom

Congrats Adam!!! Seems to be running good since you layed into it pretty good when i was talking to Dom on the phone. lol Just be glad he didn't set it on fire lol. He set my car on fire tonight thanks DOM!. Have fun with your car man and believe me mine is in the works!!

Billy

Okeydokey Adams here. Good thing for me the SVTs got nice comfy seats! Dont think Ill be lookin for any race seats any time soon haha. Oval port aint the winner neither is the split the winner is ME ME ME!!!!

I gotta eat real quick but thanks to Dominic at Stage3Motorworks for building this thing now officially named "The Batmobile". Also thanks Billy Im sure Dom made you do the dirty work hahaha jk.

Keith it was awesome in Atlanta next time well make a weekend out of it and tear it up I aint never seen a shot with a raw oyster in the bottom before hahaha.

:punk:

Adam

Guest D's nuts

Haha yeah adam was a puss and didnt want to take a shot with a oyster in it. You sissy! Haha but I had a blast. Wish we had a DD could have went more places. But its all good sometime soon you'll have to come back up or ill go down there

Also thanks Billy Im sure Dom made you do the dirty work hahaha jk.

Haha wow you nailed it to the T. lol No Dom isn't that bad I'm glad you love it man.

Billy

Next time I'll let Billy do the engine wiring...

:doh: Was that a red or blue wire going to the COP or what?....lol

-Dom

Next time I'll let Billy do the engine wiring...

:doh: Was that a red or blue wire going to the COP or what?....lol

-Dom

Im all good on that you are the wiring mad man!!! Going have a hell of a time wiring my own cop.

Im all good on that you are the wiring mad man!!! Going have a hell of a time wiring my own cop.

That's ok, I have a nice diagram with colors that you can follow now (made it tonight)...lol

-Dom

You are such a smarta$$ lol *yay colors* :-P

Seriously, I'll print it off and give it to you ... Then you can practice at the shop when we aren't busy.

-Dom

Haha yeah adam was a puss and didnt want to take a shot with a oyster in it. You sissy! Haha but I had a blast. Wish we had a DD could have went more places. But its all good sometime soon you'll have to come back up or ill go down there

I said I would try it we bailed way too early. You were muttering something about having to go to "work" tomorrow. Shiz callin me a puss. Hahaha.

Adam

Soooooo the trip started out well. Solid 3-1/2 hour nap from Ft Myers airport to Minneapolis. Im not showing you any pictures of my car hahaha until you see the birthday girl Madison (6).

Her new cat. Its name changes all the time but the middle name is Sakuraba (aka Kazushi Sakuraba) the MMA fighter nicknamed "The Gracie Hunter" which is Madison's nick-name.

post-6227-1192508887_thumb.jpg

Left Minneapolis Saturday afternoon and Dominic picked me up at the airport around 630pm. Yeh they didnt put my fking bag on the plane. Great. So we wait around for a half hour for the next plane to get in hoping it had my bag thankfully it did. Loaded up the tour. Got one 12" Sony Xplode in the back, SVT parts, luggage etc. in the trunk. A bit of getting used to the clutch and we were off.

Idle is quiet. Revs smooth and quick. First thing I noticed is the howl (love it!) from the intake when under load. Screams! Gears 1 and 2 only exist shortly while getting you to 3 and 4. Kick it down in 3 or 4 at around 3500 rpm and your a shot outta cannon. Very happy. Drop Dom off, and get rolling south towards Keith's place in Atlanta. Drive about a hour into West Virginia. Sleep a solid 4 hours in the back (and part of the front) of my tour at a truck stop.

Fueling up in the morning.

post-6227-1192508932_thumb.jpg

Driving down I77 through the mountains was amazing. I wish I had more time i would have stopped and taken pictures. Perfect place to get to know the new 3L. Played a bit of tag with a very nice late model Jaguar (large size). I took a more traditional line through the lanes and he sort of floated his boat around but kept up nicely. We did that for almost an hour.

I was not worried about saving 50 bucks on gas for the trip so i did open it up often but still got great gas mileage. Here are a couple of pics I took on one run. When I fill up I just fill it up till it shuts off and pump up to the nearest dollar. 300.4 miles with 12.98 gallons of Amoco 93. I had a lotta interstate fun on those 13 gallons.

post-6227-1192508906_thumb.jpg

post-6227-1192508913_thumb.jpg

Finally got to Keith's at around 500pm Sunday and proceeded to do stupid but fun things. Rolled out the next morning about 6am and got into Florida around noon. Drove next to the only Ferrari Enzo Ive ever seen and tried to bait him into kicking it but he was being a little bitch so I guess I beat an Enzo from a rolling 70. What a dick. I was so frustrated I wanted to swerve at him to make him do SOMETHING. YOUR DRIVING AN ENZO THERE ARE THINGS THAT COME WITH OWNING THAT CAR YOU DICK!

post-6227-1192509005_thumb.jpg

Back to the bottom around 5pm. Not bad. Took my dad for a ride and emasculated his 325i. I think it actually tried to hide when I rolled up.

Will post more tomorrow thanks again Dom and everyone else who gave me advice since I joined the site just over a year ago.

Adam

Guest D's nuts

Haha it was almost 12 am and we was still in atlanta! It was more or less not having a DD and if you new my friend joey that was with us, he's going to try and get you drunk....even if he has to pay for it lol. Another thing You must have a extra compartment on the inside that goes to ur engine compartment. Cause aint no way in hell ur big azz fit in just the back and front. Your almost as tall as the car is long lol

Edited by D's nuts

More fun.

Driving home from work in a 4 lane divided 45mph zone. Cruise set at 45 in 5th gear. Mr. Honda rolls up in his two door hatchback...looks nice. Maybe a year old, lowered, tuner wheels/exhaust, custom gauge cluster. Pretty nice car. Comes up on me at maybe 50 and I instantly notice the VTEC badging...

I downshifted into 4th and pulled up slowly along side him. Guys about my age. I bump the gas a bit to see if he wants to play. He downshifts and hits it. Hes got a car length on me before I'm in third, I get on the gas, and shoot right past him barely getting into 4th. I backed off and he kept going and so I hit it again and passed him....again :P

He didn't look at me but he threw up his hand and hit his steering wheel clearly disappointed. He revved the piss out of that thing. Good stuff.

Adam

Edit - with the stock SVT manifolds/exhaust you can barely hear the engine while holding speed. Very quiet. Good bait.

Edited by Adam98SVT

That's what I was thinking when I drove it down to the airport to pick you up. I was on 71S and being followed by an LS and a Tiburon. The Tiburon decided to blow past me on the outside at 85 or so (was doing 75+) in my lane (center lane). I didn't even downshift, just dropped the throttle in 5th and caught right up to them. Was funny when I edged up on them and they were stuck behind other cars and I motored away without downshifting one time.

4th gear would've been overkill, plus in 5th the intake still makes a decent growl that you can hear at 3500RPM...

-Dom

.....I think the 3.0 as it was done,has a very useful rev range for a daily driver and gives good power and performance for most all situations you may encounter on the highway.Along with a smooth feed of the power it is a very good setup.

4th gear would've been overkill, plus in 5th the intake still makes a decent growl that you can hear at 3500RPM...

-Dom

You aint lyin thats a timberwolf under that hood. Before with the 2.5L I drove typically laid back with my left hand at the bottom of the wheel. I find myself more so every day sitting more upright with my hand firmly on the wheel ready to make a move...so much fun.

And driving past the ladies doin thier jogging thing...a couple quick taps on the throttle and there lookin...and they dont look away.

B)

Adam

Guest D's nuts

Yep. Best gear/mph to drop is 2nd gear 35-40mph 3rd 60-65 4th about 80-90. Those are when my car performs the BEST when already cruising

Yep. Best gear/mph to drop is 2nd gear 35-40mph 3rd 60-65 4th about 80-90. Those are when my car performs the BEST when already cruising

Ill have to take note what rpm Im at shifting from 5th to 3rd rolling at 45...I think going into 2nd would probably be a wast of time. Use the powerband in 3rd the torque is bountiful. The route going home is now my new playtime! They see the 4 doors Im sure and the stock everything (except the rims) and looks and sounds like an easy target...

Lots of getting used to still :P

Adam

Guest D's nuts

trust me i been driving my car long enough to know what geeasr to shift into. And yes 45 would be pretty much a wast of time. YOu would think 5 more mph wouldnt make that much of a dif but it does