Probe

RFDisturbance

Hey, my buddy owns a 1995 Ford Probe V6, and he has narrowed down his electrical problem to what the Germans call a "Verteiler" which I believe is the Ignition Coil, but there in lies my problem. Does the V6 Probe have a Distributor with cap, or does it come with an ignition coil? I need to purchase one soon, so please reply as soon as possible. Thanks guys!!!

Hey, my buddy owns a 1995 Ford Probe V6, and he has narrowed down his electrical problem to what the Germans call a "Verteiler" which I believe is the Ignition Coil, but there in lies my problem. Does the V6 Probe have a Distributor with cap, or does it come with an ignition coil? I need to purchase one soon, so please reply as soon as possible. Thanks guys!!!

not sure but you can tell it you look at it

Unfortunately you cannot purchase the coil seperately. I had to buy a whole distributor base (remanufactured) from Mazda (loads cheaper than Ford) for $225.00. Popped the old distributor cap off, unplugged the two connectors and removed the 2 12mm hold downs... Popped it out, popped the new one in and put everything back together. Fired right up...

-Dom

Verteiler is German for distributor...but it could be verteiler hall-effekt-schalter= hall effect switch or Vert abschirmkappe=supression cover etc....list goes on!

Tell me about :rolleyes: . I am going to see if my buddy can take a pic of it, and go from there. I'll let ya know!!

- J.D.

...was werden Sie unternehmen??? :unsure:

Well, he told me yesterday, that his car jerks when he tries to press down hard on the accelerator ("ruckel" sagt er). However, if he presses slowly the car drives normal. :blink: He also said they traded the whole distributor out about a year ago using a german model probe dist. and it was fine, and now it is doing it again. Very strange. But he assured me that they have tested everything else so it must be the dist. again. I am starting to wonder if he has another batch of problems. Maybe fuel pump, clogged air filter, injectors .... Like you said Terry, the list could go on and on. He gave me a pic printed out to show me what he wants, but I am thinking he might want to go to the Bosch electrodienst, and pay the hourly rate for them to double check. If anything peace of mind is better than a shoot and miss test of the nerves.

I would suggest checking for leaks in the intake tract (i.e. before the throttle body). The Probe's used a Vane Airflow meter, which uses a door that swings on a hinge moved by airflow instead of sensing wires like traditional Ford sensors. Perhaps a split intake boot could cause alot of issues with that setup - Just a tip to think about.