FordContour.Org

MSDS headers

rk2k2

I know that MSDS indicates their headers are for off-road use only but I was wondering if there were any states that they were actually legal for street use. I currently live in CA where as most probably know, no EO means NO. But I purchased my CSVT when I lived in CO and when I moved to CA it had 12K on it so it's considered an out of state vehicle (the hood decal only lists being Federal, not 50 state). I'm trying to talk myself OUT of buying and putting the headers on when my car goes back together mostly because the problems I'm most likely to encounter everytime I go in for my smog test. But due to the noticeable increase in power with the headers I'm having difficulty talking myself out of it and am trying to find any loophole(s) that would allow me to have the headers on my car.

So I'm looking for responses from all of you outside of CA.

...anything that removes any emission device on a vehicle is considered an illegal mod...in any state.That includes headers where there is no cat,stoc headers with the mystery mod,MIL eliminators etc etc....

I was under the impression the headers still retained all the plumbing for all the emissions stuff. If the case is I'd have to eliminate emissions devices, guess that answers the question! I just figured MSDS didn't get a CARB EO due to certification being much more stringent than the normal consumer smog test.

Thanks for sabing me $500 Terry!

BTW Terry, why is it some of the vehicles on the Ford UK site are shown left hand drive?

Edited by rk2k2

Important Information

By using this site, you agree to our Terms of Use.