FordContour.Org

Buy AMERICAN !

camper33

...the hosts are pretty stuck up

...you MUST be joking !!!...You call that stuck up?...These are some 'basic ' car guys....! Try Ramsay Kitchen Nightmares if you want lots of 'F' s and 'B's....He can 'go blue' in 2 secs.....and tell you to 'find some bollocks'... :rolleyes:

...the hosts are pretty stuck up

...you MUST be joking !!!...You call that stuck up?...These are some 'basic ' car guys....! Try Ramsay Kitchen Nightmares if you want lots of 'F' s and 'B's....He can 'go blue' in 2 secs.....and tell you to 'find some bollocks'... :rolleyes:

Some of their reviews are pretty egotistical honestly, I've seen some where they bash things just because it doesn't fit their image of what it should be, rather than really reviewing the car for what it is. After watching the Porsche Cayman review, I'll never watch them again. It was really the biggest load of conspiracy bullcrap I've ever heard. Drive the car and it's a marvel, total engineering genius, but oh no, not good enough for Top Gear, because they think Porsche "Downrated it" not to "cannibalize" 911 sales. So it's a crap car because it's not what THEY invisioned it to be, but to any normal person or even experianced driver that get's behind the wheel of this car, it's amazing, it's like driving a fucking go-kart, but hey, Top Gear guys are never wrong, right?

That's a load of crap. the 911 buyer has no interest in anything but a 911. That, in pretty much every case, is FACT.

But that's just my rant. I did like the Cayenne Turbo review, but they acted all suprised it was going to be shitty off-road with sport street performance radials. DUH.

I do like kitchen nightmares though, that show is great, mainly because the owners of these shithole restaurants think that they know everything, yet they have pretty much 0 customer base anymore and their shops are a dump :P

Edited by ThatImprezaGuy

Well I didn't know that about Germany, interesting, but, UK and quality cars? sorry B)

Of course you didn't know that. Don't feel bad though, 75 % of Amreicans are probably in the same boat and all fall for that " it's a foreign vehicle the quality is great" crap. If you want a quality car, you have to have the quality engineered in. Doesn't matter if it's assembled in Europe, Mexico, China, Japan, U.S., etc. For far too long the U.S. auto companies didn't give a rats ass. They rested on thier laurels. It was all about profits and immediate self gratification within the upper management. If you design a good looking vehicle (and let's face it, that's what draws people into the showrooms) and follow it up with engineered in quality and a reputable service program, people will buy your product. It's so simple it's almost asinine (yes fellas it's one S). It doesn't matter if there is a union or not. Any body can load a part, turn a wrench, flip a switch, etc. if trained properly.

Of course you didn't know that. Don't feel bad though, 75 % of Amreicans are probably in the same boat and all fall for that " it's a foreign vehicle the quality is great" crap. If you want a quality car, you have to have the quality engineered in. Doesn't matter if it's assembled in Europe, Mexico, China, Japan, U.S., etc. For far too long the U.S. auto companies didn't give a rats ass. They rested on thier laurels. It was all about profits and immediate self gratification within the upper management. If you design a good looking vehicle (and let's face it, that's what draws people into the showrooms) and follow it up with engineered in quality and a reputable service program, people will buy your product. It's so simple it's almost asinine (yes fellas it's one S). It doesn't matter if there is a union or not. Any body can load a part, turn a wrench, flip a switch, etc. if trained properly.

US automakers are starting to finally get reliability on their side, but this is not the case, at least for me.

Design is one thing, alot of these cars are rather sharp, i'm fond of alot of new Ford-designs and some of the GM stuff isnt half bad either, the new Malibu is pretty sharp in my opinion.

The thing that really irks me is when you sit in an american car, look at the interior and build quality, then place it side by side with something of a japanese make or european make... there's no comparison, the european or japanese model is more refined. cleaner, sharper, more precise in it's construction, everything fits together, and doesn't look like a "Model car" as many american cars tend to.

I'm not trying to be biased, but appearance is MAJOR to me, and if it doesnt look or feel quality, I could care less if it'll run for 500,000 miles without an oil change.

I guess it's a replacement for 2 wheelers and possibly as safe (or unsafe)

Either get tossed or smashed into a ball of metal... Hmmm... I think I would rather get tossed.

Didn't read all the articles but read the first two. TOYOTA detected problems and are recalling to fix the problem. Second article- TWENTY vehicles failed and TOYOTA determined a possible flaw in the camshaft- Vehicles recalled are getting the engine replaced (no charge of course) and I'd bet $1 Toyota is providing a replacement vehicle while the truck is in the shop! This ANGERS me- WTF (as in WHERE) was Ford if in fact TH is correct about the PM conrods?!!!! I did buy my brothers 90 Toy 4X4 in 2001 and have owned a used Corrola in the 80's but I never bought one new, but when the truck was 12 or 13 years old my brother gets a recall on it! (they had him on record as teh owner). Realisticaly I don't expect 100% qualituy in 100% of vehicles but what I do expect is teh manufacturer to take ownwership of teh flaws and fix them.

You know, ALL it would have taken was Ford to acknowledge a potential problem (what ever the cause) with the spun bearing issue and do a recall. I would today be a Ford customer for life! And I'd venture to say teh initial loss to Ford on such a recall would in the end pay back TENFOLD!

Twenty vehicles stop dead, COLD TURKEY, for broken camshafts, not an intermittnet stall issue, or cruise control not working, but stop DEAD, on a brand NEW product coming to market....what are they supposed to do, geeee, hmmm lets wait and not look into this until we get 1000 , maybe there really is a problem??? Read the rest of the articles and yes, there is more where they came frm.

Daughter brought her 96 Mystique (4th owner) in for some routine service, oil/filter change, etc.(I was out of town on business), told her they found an issue with her wiring harness, cracked wires. Pulled up TSB, Ford had extended warranty issue on item for 10 yr/100,000 miles. Vehicle only had 60,000 miles on it but had less than a week before 10 yr timeline expired. Dealer gave her a loaner, brand new Fusion. Wire harness was replaced (would have been a very expensive repair) and daughter fell in love with the Fusion. Long story short, daughter now loves Ford and the way she was treated. Ended up buying herself a new Fusion (ok, I actually bought it for her) and am now driving the Mystique as a winter/second car as I don't drive my 06 Mustang GT in the winter. We had a good experience, you had a bad one...that's life. Read the rest of the articles!

Twenty vehicles stop dead, COLD TURKEY, for broken camshafts, not an intermittnet stall issue, or cruise control not working, but stop DEAD, on a brand NEW product coming to market....what are they supposed to do, geeee, hmmm lets wait and not look into this until we get 1000 , maybe there really is a problem??? Read the rest of the articles and yes, there is more where they came frm.

Daughter brought her 96 Mystique (4th owner) in for some routine service, oil/filter change, etc.(I was out of town on business), told her they found an issue with her wiring harness, cracked wires. Pulled up TSB, Ford had extended warranty issue on item for 10 yr/100,000 miles. Vehicle only had 60,000 miles on it but had less than a week before 10 yr timeline expired. Dealer gave her a loaner, brand new Fusion. Wire harness was replaced (would have been a very expensive repair) and daughter fell in love with the Fusion. Long story short, daughter now loves Ford and the way she was treated. Ended up buying herself a new Fusion (ok, I actually bought it for her) and am now driving the Mystique as a winter/second car as I don't drive my 06 Mustang GT in the winter. We had a good experience, you had a bad one...that's life. Read the rest of the articles!

My point exactly, stopped DEAD just like mine and hundreds (thousands?) others with the 'spun bearing' issue! DID FORD DO WHAT TOYOTA DID? NOPE!!! Out of warranty. OUR problem! IMO, a decent company would at least own up to their being a problem and fix it- NOT say something like "we don't know anything about any problems with the engine" and "you can bring it in and have us look at it, if we deem it's not a Ford issue you'll have to pay". Ford ignored the issue where IMO they should have AT LEAST extended the warranty to 100,000 miles for anyone having that failure (at least in MY case, 50,000) :D

I can say at least one thing about Ford (at least in '76), they DID cover a few minor issues even though my car was only a 1000 or so miles out of it's 36,000 mile warranty. I have no idea what the Ford of today or tomorrow will be doing in the event something major comes up on one of todays vehicles (that has expired warranty). For your daughters sake, I do hope her Fusion (or anyone elses) doesn't have any major failure (due to Ford's qc/engineering), and if it does and the warranty has expired, Ford gives your daughter the same treatment that they did when her Mystique still HAD a warranty, regardless of how close it was to expiring!

Course, you know a warranty is a warranty, andd Ford's is 36,000. Meaning to me they care it only makes it that long. I'll probably be dead before I seriously consider buying a new vehicle but in the event I do live that long it's going to either be one with a 100,000 mile warranty or longer. That or fuel cell or whatever ...

Edited by rk2k2

• 3 weeks later...
When oh when are Americans going to realize that when they buy from other Americans, those other Americans will have the income to buy the products and / or services that THEY produce ?

On the other hand, when we buy "offshore" products, that money only seems to come back in two main ways.

One, when those other countries come here and buy our lands, our buildings, and our businesses right out from underneath us.

Two, of course there are also the times when this money ends up in the hands of the likes of Ossama Bin Laden, and it comes back to the "west", in the form of terrorists killing, maiming, and destroying our infrastructure.

BUY AMERICAN MADE.

BUY UNION MADE.

Alec.

This whole statement is in fact a logical fallacy. In fact it's covered in my Economics book. Let me quote the book itself:

Buy American?

Will "buying American" make Americans better off? No, says Dallas Federal Reserve economist W. Michael Cox:

A common myth is that it is better for Americans to spend their money at home than abroad. The best way to expose the fallacy of this argument is to take it to its logical extreme. If it is better for me to spend my money here than abroad, then it is even better yet to buy in Texas than in New York, better yet to buy in Dallas than in Houston... in my neighborhood... within my own family... to consume only what I can produce. Alone and poor*

_________

*"The Fruits of Free Trade," Federal Reserve Bank of Dallas, Annual Report 2002, p.16

In fact I'll even go to say that your entire post contains nothing but logical fallacies.

...just a couple of points.

With the next round of buyouts from Chrysler,Ford etc...that will help a lot to give consumers money to spend...with no job!. Where do you think the labor or cars will come from or be built? Or are the Big 2.5' just winding down in the USA to support all production 'offshore'...maybe?

On the Fed Reserve,this is a private body and most times it's 'strings' are pulled by the Bank or England and the City of London. In so many cases we are owned buy finance houses in UK and the EU...But Middle East and Asian 'big money' are also buying up chunks of the USA finance houses.The EU now has a good grip on the USA!!!!