Sign in to follow this  
rk2k2

CSVT Oil Cooler

Didn't know anything about it and I had been imagining it was an external finned cooler. I ordered a new one and after I got it I was believing the '01 Tribute engine I got for the swap already had the same thing on it (engine STILL at machine shop). Anyway, if it does and it's the same as the SVT's I was thinking of returning the new one sine the Tribute only has 10K on it.

not exactly sure what the tribune has but I do believe the cooler, or in our case heater, is the same but the plumbing is different as might actually be on the cool slide of the cooling system, not the hot side like out cars.

On cold starts it is definately a heater. without the "cooler" on start up it took much longer for my oil pressure to come down to its normal operating temp compare to with it ...

I quick email or call to Bill Jenkins should anseer the question

Edited by BrApple

...I have no idea hoe the oil cooler looks on a 01 Tribute engine?? If you have a pic please post it,if not go with a new SVT cooler and use the sleeve bolt from your SVT engine.Not all water/oil coolers have the same position for in in/out coolant lines.It's very tight with Contour exhaust manifolds...to keep those lines away from the heat...

Sign in to follow this  

Important Information

By using this site, you agree to our Terms of Use.