Sign in to follow this  
ric

Differance of MTX SVT SE

what is the difference between the SVT MTX & the reg V6 MTX, SE, etc

NONE !!!! V6 MTX's 95>97 were rod shift.V6 MTX(incl Contour/Cougar '98>2002) were all cable shift.Some later Cougars had the revised Focus style tower but were still cable shift.Early MTX's had '2 part' 3rd gear blockers,later MTX's had single(not so good) blocker on 3rd. Nothing special was done to any MTX75 when it was used in an SVT...that is an 'ol wives tale' put out by people who think SVT's had a 'special' trans...they did not!!!

Thanks, noticed when I did a search for trans on www.car-part.com, the yards asked a lot more for them.

Wasn't about to pay more, but there sure was a differance in price!

Thanks again

...if they are setting the price of an SVT MTX75 higher then that is a major problem!.....and FWIW the chances of getting a good MTX75 from an SVT are lower as most owners hammer them!!!....

They are asking much more; $550-750 and the reg MTX75s are selling for $200-500. At least in the New England Area.

I called one jobber and they insisted there was a difference. Maybe they're thinking the clutch???

Rather get the one driven by the grandmother; maybe... :D

Thanks again for your feedback.

I called one jobber and they insisted there was a difference

....load of BOLLOCKS!!!...I think I know this trans damm well and the jobber is full of crap!.The clutch assy is NOT part of the trans.The only clutch part in the trans is the release bearing/slave and that is a common part for SVT and non SVT V6's...Call your Ford dealer...!!!! Sounds like this shop is full of crap!!!! Give the jobber my number...I'd like a good ruck over the phone!!!! :boxing:

Sign in to follow this  

Important Information

By using this site, you agree to our Terms of Use.