FordContour.Org

Back with a new problem...

xtascox

• Replies 87
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

The reason was basically because I don't really have the room to to put everything right now. My plan was to pull the motor, strip it down, take whats still good and then get rid of it so I have room for when I pull the axles, suspension, wheels and all that other crap to get the transmission loose. I mean, the engine and tranny have to come apart anyway so if it's possible I would like to pull one at a time.

When I pulled the fuel rail I noticed the injectors came out of the manifold very easily. Could the injectors not being set right have cause the computer to shut off all 6 injectors?

...this is a 'maybe'. If the injector electrical plugs were removed recently and to refitted correctly and locked fully home. The actual inject fit into the LIM & rail is usually foolproof...assuming all the seals (2 per injector) are fitted and the rail fully bolted down on the LIM...

...this is a 'maybe'. If the injector electrical plugs were removed recently and to refitted correctly and locked fully home. The actual inject fit into the LIM & rail is usually foolproof...assuming all the seals (2 per injector) are fitted and the rail fully bolted down on the LIM...

It was fully bolted down and the injectors were seated firmly in the fuel rail but they came out of the LIM with almost no effort at all.

Guest KAOS_2.5M
It was fully bolted down and the injectors were seated firmly in the fuel rail but they came out of the LIM with almost no effort at all.

Injector gaskets?

had a v6 crysler running like cr@p and took a look and there was some minor leakage so I poped in new gaskets and it ran perfectly.

easiest thing to fix EVER.

Guest KAOS_2.5M
Injector gaskets...Nope, Ford has 'O' rings.

thats what I was talking about. an O ring is a gasket.

they can crush down and leak when they get old

Yea but the problem is that all 6 faulted and I was wondering if the fact that they were loose in the LIM could have triggered something.

thats what I was talking about. an O ring is a gasket.

they can crush down and leak when they get old

Crush? Rubber? I've seen them shrink, and I've seen them split (from hardening). Other than that - Nothing else. And on Contours, the only injector "gaskets" I've ever seen fail is on the early 95-96 side feed injector bottom seals where they go to the LIM. There is a rubber donut type seal that hardens and sometimes cracks causing vacuum leaks.

-Dom

...I've ever seen fail is on the early 95-96 side feed injector bottom seals where they go to the LIM

Agree 100%, those red Si seals go bad and are $$$ to replace. Only used on the early LIM with $$$ side feed injectors.