Sign in to follow this  
CSVTnewbie

Power window wiring diagram

I have a problem with the front passenger window. Only goes down, won't go up. Tried cleaning the switch, new switches, didnt work.

What I want to do is wire directly from the switch to the motor. Anyone know which pins on the power window switch harness make it go up? Car is a 98 Contour SVT. Thanks!

If you just want it up quick read the diagram - Feed 12v+ to the White/Violet wire and 12v- to the Yellow/Violet wire on the motor itself. There normally is no "direct wiring" because the ground path follows back through the master control switch. It's a double throw system, it reverses current based on which direction the motor is going. You can't wire the motor direct to the switch without affecting the master switch.

-Dom

I have a problem with the front passenger window. Only goes down, won't go up. Tried cleaning the switch, new switches, didnt work.

The same exact thing happened to me, except it was the front drivers window. That has the auto-down relay. I tried three different auto-down relays from junkers, but they all worked the same.

The switch was good, I checked it with a continuity tester. The switch contact wasn't stuck down.

Then I looked at the connector the switch plugs into. One of the metal connector "pincers" had been pushed back into the plastic connector. I guess the metal on the metal connector's crimp was able to contact something and keep telling the window to go down. For the front passenger window, you may need to look at both the multi-switch connector on the drivers door as well as the connector on the passenger door.

To fix my problem, I had to cut ALL the wires to the driver window connector (for ALL the windows) and replace the whole connector because the plastic that supported that one connection gave way.

Edited by giganto

The wiring diagram is posted here, on this topic. It is the .jpg above, see Terry Haines post. Using this diagram, and the information above, you should have minimal issues. First thing to do is verify if power is to the switch or not. This may be a mechanical issue and not a power/wiring related issue. Above posts cover this well.