FordContour.Org

US Fiesta?

RFDisturbance

Has anyone heard of the US releasing the Ford Fiesta back in 1978-1980? I have a German buddy looking for some parts and he said that they were made in the states at that time. Never heard of it, but he is looking for the small triangular shaped window on the front driver and passenger side doors. Any suggestions? Later!

- J.D.

Has anyone heard of the US releasing the Ford Fiesta back in 1978-1980? I have a German buddy looking for some parts and he said that they were made in the states at that time. Never heard of it, but he is looking for the small triangular shaped window on the front driver and passenger side doors. Any suggestions? Later!

- J.D.

I have 5 Fiestas sitting in a field in central Texas. They are all slated to go to the recycler, I just have not had the time.

I'll take off anything he wants.

I have 5 Fiestas sitting in a field in central Texas. They are all slated to go to the recycler, I just have not had the time.

I'll take off anything he wants.

So they did make them at that time? That is pretty amazing, cause over here they are running around like crazy, and with the price of fuel the way it is, you would think that US would maybe look into redoing them. Could you give me a breakdown of which ones you have? I'll call my buddy in about a couple of hours here and find out what he wants. Thanks Spridget!!

- J.D.

I need to go out there this week, so I'll snap some pics for you. These are junk cars, but still have alot of usable parts.

So they did make them at that time? That is pretty amazing, cause over here they are running around like crazy, and with the price of fuel the way it is, you would think that US would maybe look into redoing them. Could you give me a breakdown of which ones you have? I'll call my buddy in about a couple of hours here and find out what he wants. Thanks Spridget!!

- J.D.

They already have one in the works!

I need to go out there this week, so I'll snap some pics for you. These are junk cars, but still have alot of usable parts.

The main thing he is looking for is the small triangular window for both sides on the front doors. The whole part, not just the glass piece, to include the mounting bracket, the whole nine yards.

Let me know and thanks again Spridget!!

Ok, I just got off the phone with him last night, and here is what he said he really needs:

Front Plastic Grill (I think he is talking about that black grill piece on the front)

Headlights (with the black housing bezel that surrounds it for both sides)

Taillights (both sides)

Door Panels (the interior part of the door panels if the interior color is a dark brown ... :huh: )

Back Paneling (the interior panels that are on either side of the backseat which would be the rear door panels if it were a 4 door. Also, only if the color is a dark brown ... :huh: )

Let me know if you have these items, and if you can take some pics. Thanks again Spridget. You Da Man!! :lol:

Later!!

- J.D.

Guest KAOS_2.5M

yeah, they definately sold the fiesta here for a while. my father had one with a turbo, special custom offset rims + tires, and full BAT suspension.

it made stuff happen on the twisties, but was still rather slow in general.

then ford replaced the fiesta with the "festiva" which was the cheapo korean made POS they sold to americans while the festiva continued to flurish in europe.

it's turned into a pretty nice car, the last body style was pretty cool and the new one, code named "verve" (more than likely what it will be branded in the states), is very cool as well.

I can't wait, they come out in '010.

Ok, I just got off the phone with him last night, and here is what he said he really needs:

Front Plastic Grill (I think he is talking about that black grill piece on the front)

Headlights (with the black housing bezel that surrounds it for both sides)

Taillights (both sides)

Door Panels (the interior part of the door panels if the interior color is a dark brown ... :huh: )

Back Paneling (the interior panels that are on either side of the backseat which would be the rear door panels if it were a 4 door. Also, only if the color is a dark brown ... :huh: )

Let me know if you have these items, and if you can take some pics. Thanks again Spridget. You Da Man!! :lol:

Later!!

- J.D.

ah, a list... that helps. I'll get pics of what I find. Hopefully no snakes :unsure:

ah, a list... that helps. I'll get pics of what I find. Hopefully no snakes :unsure:

:blink: :blink: Snakes?? :blink: :blink:

Stay away from those things!! I use to have to deal with Cottonmouths, Water Mocassins, and the ever popular Diamond Back Rattler. Just be careful!! :lol:

Thanks again Spridget!!

Yay, no snakes... prolly too hot for them. It's been 95-100F all week.

So here they are. I thought there were 5... only 4. The interiors are all pretty crappy, maybe one "OK" set could be gathered from all 4 of them. All the interiors are black, so I didn't bother taking pics of that. All the front triangle windows look to be in about the same condition. The glass and frames are good, but the seals are dried out.

The red one is in the best condition. The orange one missing the grille and lightis is pretty similar while the other orange one has some front end damage (not shown, right front corner dented). The yellow one has floor pan damage from running over a very large rock.

The other pics are just random.... an overview of the cars in the field, "Datsun-henge", and a sad old Moggy for Terry.

06060001.JPG

06060002.JPG

06060003.JPG

06060004.JPG

06060005.JPG

06060006.JPG

06060007.JPG

06060008.JPG

06060009.JPG

06060010.JPG

06060011.JPG

thats a ton of junk cars

is that on your property?

closer to 8 tons, actually :P

they are at my parents' property in the back pasture.

closer to 8 tons, actually :P

they are at my parents' property in the back pasture.

Hey every one needs a couple of shootin cars!

Guest KAOS_2.5M
Hey every one needs a couple of shootin cars!

ever seen the episode of the simpsons were nelson tells bart "thats my pa's shootin' car, only three more payments and it's all ours!!!" :lol:

Yay, no snakes... prolly too hot for them. It's been 95-100F all week.

So here they are. I thought there were 5... only 4. The interiors are all pretty crappy, maybe one "OK" set could be gathered from all 4 of them. All the interiors are black, so I didn't bother taking pics of that. All the front triangle windows look to be in about the same condition. The glass and frames are good, but the seals are dried out.

The red one is in the best condition. The orange one missing the grille and lightis is pretty similar while the other orange one has some front end damage (not shown, right front corner dented). The yellow one has floor pan damage from running over a very large rock.

The other pics are just random.... an overview of the cars in the field, "Datsun-henge", and a sad old Moggy for Terry.

Thanks Spridget!! I will be forewarding the pics to my buddy, and see what he says. I'll let ya know! Thanks again!!!

- J.D.

Ok, the list is in. Thanks for your patience Spidget, but now I have a mess of a list, so if this is too much, then just let me know. No hard feelings if it can't be done, so don't worry about it. Here is what they want:

Black Plastic Grill Cover

Headlights with Surround Housing

Grill under the Fender

Chrome pieces surrounding windows with weather stripping rubber

Triangular window (Both sides)

Tailights

Weather stripping rubber from hatchback window

Ford and Fiesta Emblems from the rear

Windshield Wipers

Mirrors

License Plates

And if they have them:

Cigarette Ashtray

Cigarette Lighter

Air Filter Box in Metal

Dash Speedometer/Tachometer piece

I know, I know, what a list right? Like I told them, that is a lot of work, and if you don't have the time or desire to do it, they just have to deal with it. Also if you could give me a price quote on how much you want for each item, as well as how much you think shipping will cost. I am also including pics with the items surrounded by yellow lines, and if you have any questions, just hit me up. Thanks for your time Spridget!

- J.D.

post-4787-1213341333_thumb.jpg

post-4787-1213341342_thumb.jpg

post-4787-1213341354_thumb.jpg

post-4787-1213341361_thumb.jpg

post-4787-1213341367_thumb.jpg

post-4787-1213341374_thumb.jpg

post-4787-1213341380_thumb.jpg

post-4787-1213341387_thumb.jpg

Guest KAOS_2.5M

what are they going to do with it?

I think it would be really cool to hear about somebody restoring and tuning an old fiesta.

they can be pretty quick.

I will get to work parting out the cars. It will take some time... something I don't have. But I'd be very happy to recycle parts of these old cars for some one who appreciates them.

Ask your friends to make an offer.... either as a whole, or piece by piece. I don't have any idea what these parts are worth. I want to make it worth my time and effort, but also reasonable for your friends. I can determine approximate shipping once I get some of the parts together and weighed. It may be less expensive to ship to you rather than a German civilian address.

Terry had some interest too.... so Terry, lemme know!

I will get to work parting out the cars. It will take some time... something I don't have. But I'd be very happy to recycle parts of these old cars for some one who appreciates them.

Ask your friends to make an offer.... either as a whole, or piece by piece. I don't have any idea what these parts are worth. I want to make it worth my time and effort, but also reasonable for your friends. I can determine approximate shipping once I get some of the parts together and weighed. It may be less expensive to ship to you rather than a German civilian address.

Terry had some interest too.... so Terry, lemme know!

Thanks again Spridget!! I will talk to them today. As far as shipping, it will be cheaper to send to me at my APO address, so I think that is the route we will be taking. I will also try to get some pics of the car they are working on so you can see what these parts will be doing. :lol: If you have any questions or if I wasn't too clear on the items they want (some words get lost in translation from German to English), just let me know.

- J.D.

Hey!!

Here are some pics of the Fiesta he is working on, and trying to update to some nice chrome with the help of Spridget (thanks man), and let me know what you think? I think it looks pretty good for an oldie.

- J.D.

post-4787-1213708568_thumb.jpg

post-4787-1213708573_thumb.jpg

post-4787-1213708579_thumb.jpg

post-4787-1213708584_thumb.jpg

post-4787-1213708590_thumb.jpg

post-4787-1213708595_thumb.jpg

wow, looks great, very clean engine bay too.

Yeah, I was pretty shocked to see some individuals here take such good care of their engine bay. I am still waiting on my buddy to get back to me on a price on all those parts, but I will let you know as soon as they let me know.

I went and did some work on the Fiestas today. Hot as a mofo out here... but hey, this is Texas in June, so who's complaining. Temps have been in the 99-103F range for about a month, with no rain. Very hot and dry.

We started with the worst two of the lot. The red one is the best and most complete, but honestly, it's not that great. We're saving it for last. I did not bother trying to save the window seals as they are dried out. Here's the damage on the orange one that wasn't shown in the last batch of pics.

Also, have your friend take a look at the pics. Is this the air cleaner he wants? There are other misc parts I will toss in that may be of use to him. The decals on the rear appear to be glued on with a single locator post that pushes through the sheet metal.

And just curious, why does he want the Texas license plates?

06190005.JPG

06190010.JPG

06190006.JPG

06190007.JPG

06190009.JPG

06190011.JPG

06190012.JPG

06190013.JPG

I went and did some work on the Fiestas today. Hot as a mofo out here... but hey, this is Texas in June, so who's complaining. Temps have been in the 99-103F range for about a month, with no rain. Very hot and dry.

We started with the worst two of the lot. The red one is the best and most complete, but honestly, it's not that great. We're saving it for last. I did not bother trying to save the window seals as they are dried out. Here's the damage on the orange one that wasn't shown in the last batch of pics.

Also, have your friend take a look at the pics. Is this the air cleaner he wants? There are other misc parts I will toss in that may be of use to him. The decals on the rear appear to be glued on with a single locator post that pushes through the sheet metal.

And just curious, why does he want the Texas license plates?

I have sent him an e-mail cause he is in the hospital right now. I have looked at what you got there, and so far so good. Except for the heat!! Ouch!! Just don't touch metal with bare hands!! :o I learned that one in Tikrit, Iraq. The hard way. MEDIC!!!!!

Anyway, noticed the headlights and tailights are not there, but I assume that is because they haven't been removed yet. I am waiting on his word on the air filter, so not really sure about that one. I also told him about the weatherstripping. I haven't talked to him yet about the license plates, but I think it has something to do with a lot of German's passion with USA, and it is a nice touch when they go to car shows, and drop the German license plate, with a replacement USA license plate. I asked just in case, but I am pretty sure that's it. I don't know if you can get the decals off or not without ruining it. If they would come off with out the locator post, I am sure he could get some 3M tape and put it in place without the post. So far the answer on price was $100, but not sure how that sits with you and the temps you are enduring there. Let me know if you need more, or if that is okay. Also, they are also aware the price will go up once the shipping costs are added in, so the price is for the parts. Like I said, I am not sure how much this stuff is worth to him or you, just the middle man here, so let me know. Thanks again for your work and patience on this one.

Thanks for keeping me up to date!!

Later!!

- J.D.