FordContour.Org

FCOvsCEG or Why CEG is them and not us!!!

MaddMike

ceg heckler thats just an asshole thing to say im an fco member as well but i see some of you guys are quick to treat someone badly just like those evil ceg guys do to you

Edited by bagged

• Replies 56
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

ceg heckler thats just an asshole thing to say im an fco member as well but i see some of you guys are quick to treat someone badly just like those evil ceg guys do to you

Get off your high horse and your soap box!!

If you like it so much at CEG great. I like it here. I had a lot of bad experience with the guys over there. Here, no problem. I have been treated with the utmost respect, even if I know more about M16's and Grenade Launchers than my own car.

Whatever works for you, then do it. Get your info here, get your info there, whatever, but before you start in on the individuals here, make sure you have your facts straight with everyones personal story of what has happened to them on CEG.

To the members complaining about CEG's new member process, I'll shed a little light on it.

The reason that we decided on the post count rule and restricted access to the entire site was to put a stop to bots that were getting into the forums. Since implementing that process, it has virtually leliminated every bot trying to spam the boards.

One of the other things is an IP check for every single new registered person. If someone is trying to register multiple accounts, either all of the accounts will be perma banned or only the original will be kept and all the others will be banned. Also, if the registering IP address comes back tagged to spam, the membership account will be deleted. The same also applies to a suspicious IP.

CEG, much like this one and every forum on the internet, has a set of rules that the owner and staff have implemented to run the site in the best way they see fit.

To the members complaining about CEG's new member process, I'll shed a little light on it.

The reason that we decided on the post count rule and restricted access to the entire site was to put a stop to bots that were getting into the forums. Since implementing that process, it has virtually leliminated every bot trying to spam the boards.

One of the other things is an IP check for every single new registered person. If someone is trying to register multiple accounts, either all of the accounts will be perma banned or only the original will be kept and all the others will be banned. Also, if the registering IP address comes back tagged to spam, the membership account will be deleted. The same also applies to a suspicious IP.

CEG, much like this one and every forum on the internet, has a set of rules that the owner and staff have implemented to run the site in the best way they see fit.

I never had any log in issues over at CEG,ofcourse I also read the directions.New Members post in the New Member Galleries first a rule often ignored. B)

My original account was deleted, but I hadn't been on in probably 18+ months, so I created a new one, it has not been deleted. Also even though I posted B/S saying hi to everyone in the new members forum I was not able to post anywhere else before the Group Buy I wanted in on ended, but eventually was able to.... I logged on just a couple of days ago & again wasn't able to post anything.... Now since I have never had luck w/ CEG I don't frequent it, and my log ons are easily 6+ months apart.

The owners can set whatever rules they want in place, but there is no denying it deters people from the site as well as bots. Unless it becomes easier to get & keep a working account I doubt I will ever use CEG much.

My original account was deleted, but I hadn't been on in probably 18+ months, so I created a new one, it has not been deleted. Also even though I posted B/S saying hi to everyone in the new members forum I was not able to post anywhere else before the Group Buy I wanted in on ended, but eventually was able to.... I logged on just a couple of days ago & again wasn't able to post anything.... Now since I have never had luck w/ CEG I don't frequent it, and my log ons are easily 6+ months apart.

The owners can set whatever rules they want in place, but there is no denying it deters people from the site as well as bots. Unless it becomes easier to get & keep a working account I doubt I will ever use CEG much.

time between log ins doesn't matter. if you had a working account it should still work. users are not deleted or purged because they never posted or don't log in regularly, if at all.

I have only heard of a few people have problems signing up for the forums. although I have heard of email filters catching the approval email that is sent with a confirmation link in it.

Edited by BrApple

Lol, and CEG thinks it's alone. I went through blacklisting IP's from Russia and Asia from spammer activities. I spent almost a week weeding through the common IP's (come on, any real webmaster knows a spammer is only a group of humans or a computer setup to open accounts and post ads or spam). They all normally originate from a few IP addresses which are easily blacklisted from the server. I've already done this and had to cause my members to endure and be punished for bullshit... Nothing.

Perhaps VBulletin isn't quite as "secure" as IPB, or it's just the Administrator has no idea what to do with spammers. Either way, a 2 week waiting period is silly - Not to mention making the site look like they don't want to help new members. Last I checked, most that come here with issues don't want or have 2 weeks to wait.

They are all welcome here - No waiting :D

-Dom

There are distinct differences between CEG and FCO. These are not something that I can illustrate because it's from my POV. Everyone needs to visit both and decide for themselves which is better / worse. Or better yet - Co-exist with both like many and get on with something else to do in life besides bitching about one site or the other. Hence why I am not injecting personal opinions into this thread. It's futile, pointless and no matter what ANYONE says - It'll never end the conversation. I have a shop to run and customers to keep happy, I have a full time job that I work when I'm not at my shop and my wife and I are trying to start a family. Honestly the last thing that would ever come to mind is some senseless CEG vs FCO crap. Yes, I do take pleasure in ripping the ar-tard members that come from places like CEG to assert their "incompetence" like Tricker... That's about it.

Move on, this subject is so old - It's not timeless. The horse is flat, put the stick down. :P

-Dom

Perhaps VBulletin isn't quite as "secure" as IPB, or it's just the Administrator has no idea what to do with spammers. Either way, a 2 week waiting period is silly - Not to mention making the site look like they don't want to help new members. Last I checked, most that come here with issues don't want or have 2 weeks to wait.

there isn't a 2 week waiting period. once the account is approved the new member has to make 5 posts in the new members classroom.

since every new member is screened by hand it can take time. sometimes it takes longer then other times.

Edited by BrApple

there isn't a 2 week waiting period. once the account is approved the new member has to make 5 posts in the new members classroom.

since every new member is screened by hand it can take time. sometimes it takes longer then other times.

Why on God's green earth would you hand screen every new member? Honestly if you want to keep spammers out that bad, for the time you invest in it you should have some type of screening process like ReCaptcha that is constantly evolving based on spammer tactics and cuts down on the spammer signups. Perhaps logging out and trying to register here would shed some light on that for you.

-Dom

hahaha!!! :) i dont know if malcolm told u or not, but that wiring harness you sold me wasnt an e0 harness. douche... :D

On task here fellows, wanna talk shop - Take it to PM's.

-Dom

Get off your high horse and your soap box!!

If you like it so much at CEG great. I like it here. I had a lot of bad experience with the guys over there. Here, no problem. I have been treated with the utmost respect, even if I know more about M16's and Grenade Launchers than my own car.

Whatever works for you, then do it. Get your info here, get your info there, whatever, but before you start in on the individuals here, make sure you have your facts straight with everyones personal story of what has happened to them on CEG.

im on no high horse just the opposite actually, i just stated that the we are better than them sounds silly to me, dont really care about the facts of why ceg dont like you but im beginning to understand. i also stated i like both sites.

I agree with you for the most part SicSE but the bold is where I find the difference as far as the port hogging goes.

The full-3L vs. "port-matched"? It's odd to me that it's even still a debate. There should be enough dyno runs from people with each setup that there could be a final conclusion. Averages speak volumes.

im on no high horse just the opposite actually, i just stated that the we are better than them sounds silly to me, dont really care about the facts of why ceg dont like you but im beginning to understand. i also stated i like both sites.

Whoa... Nobody stated one was better than the other. All I see is the pointing out of differences which makes each site better to each user (in their own POV). This is where the wheels fall off the cart and everyone gets upset, to many people FCO is better. And to many others CEG is better... All in all - What's the difference. Just because I created this site after getting ridiculed, put down, harassed and belittled has nothing to do with why others are here. Naturally I'm biased - I own FCO. The community is shaped by it's developers and moderators - Something that was severely broken a while ago on CEG. I've done my best to pick the right people as moderators and keep an eye on things. The atmosphere here is alot less "mob-ish" and discussions normally flow (aside from these discussions where people who normally don't post anything that belong on CEG come over for the .02 gallery). Yes, I see a couple of you already. If you like both, great. If not, great. Don't say you like FCO and post here just to say you do but then never contribute to anything else here aside from a CEG discussion. To me that's hypocritical, to say the least. If you want both sites to work, use both. If not, don't play good site / bad site. Everyone can see right through your motives (wasn't hard for me to spot in an instance).

This thread was started because the CEG community made one of our members (and a friend) upset over how he was treated. That lays on you CEG members, not FCO members. Look at your own site and it's way of handling members. I treated TRicker like a red-headed stepchild because he deserved it. Even some of you agreed, however that is far from the norm around here. This constant bickering about who's better is nothing more than a 2009 version of a dick-measuring contest. Don't bag on us because your "community" has issues... We do too. Just because your family is more/less dysfunctional than ours doesn't mean we don't/can't get along. I'd suggest fixing your own issues instead of defending the dysfunction, or this will continue forever.

-Dom

see heres where your wrong, i have issues with how ceg is run probably more than anyone. im the supermod that quit because of how things operate so please dont feel like im attacking you guys and this thing you think you have figured out is totally wrong. in one of my recent post on ceg i said i thought 70 percent of the members were douchebags and i meant it. as for contributing theres not much to contribute unless i see something that falls into my knowledge category which is custom fab work, not to many people doing anything really radical to these cars so beleive me when i do see something come up im not afraid to contribute. i think that your looking into this too far all i said was i thought the bickering was childish thats pretty much it. and a comment was made that only hackjob made cars come from ceg and i defended that because my car is far from hack

Edited by bagged

see heres where your wrong, i have issues with how ceg is run probably more than anyone. im the supermod that quit because of how things operate so please dont feel like im attacking you guys and this thing you think you have figured out is totally wrong. in one of my recent post on ceg i said i thought 70 percent of the members were douchebags and i meant it. as for contributing theres not much to contribute unless i see something that falls into my knowledge category which is custom fab work, not to many people doing anything really radical to these cars so beleive me when i do see something come up im not afraid to contribute. i think that your looking into this too far all i said was i thought the bickering was childish thats pretty much it. and a comment was made that only hackjob made cars come from ceg and i defended that because my car is far from hack

I appreciate your honest comments. I didn't mean to make you feel like "your" engine build was in some way inferior. I was referring to TRicker on that "hack" job. Sorry for the confusion if it sounded another way.

-Dom

The full-3L vs. "port-matched"? It's odd to me that it's even still a debate. There should be enough dyno runs from people with each setup that there could be a final conclusion. Averages speak volumes.

This is where I see it as there have been many drawn out arguments over it. When both sides presented, the one was obviously lacking in substantiating claims. I'm sure peoples personal experiences tend to make a mess of things but this is my reason for posting here much more often than the other sites. There are still remnants of the 'old crowd' of port hogging that still try to make it sound better than it is (even when they proved themselves wrong). Most here have deliberated over the facts and came to the same conclusion, hence the similar attitudes on things. The fact that one group spends most time on one site and the opposing on another is where you get this 'us vs. them' ordeal when in fact it is based on technical disagreements. There are disagreements here but I find they are usually sorted out in much more civil manner, even if the debate gets intense, there are no hard feelings.

However, when someone comes over toting the same played out line as to why this is better than that when they have repeatedly been proven wrong, sorry, but they're just asking for it. As far as what site is 'better' for you is just that, your choice. Can we leave this alone now???

I'm on both sites and I find myself to be one of the lucky few that doesn't get picked on when posting tech or asking questions. I do find the atmosphere here more like a invitational party only and more like a rave over at the CEG - I find the majority of my tech on CEG but don't have a problem coming here and and sharing what I know. There are a lot of good people on both sites and I'm here to learn and share, not compare dick sizes (my women is quite happy :bleh: )

Rock on guys - there will always be two different Contour sites that attract different people.

Ha - just realized I've only got 7 posts... what the hell do I know.

Edited by KyleQ

I come on here when I can't read any more on CEG, I cannot find a concise answer on CEG, or CEG is down. I have no problem with either site, but I think CEG is a little harsher on new members and those that don't think before they post. They could be nicer, but I am other forums where the members are really hard on new members. Just think for a second before you type and you will not have a problem 99 percent of the time.

The 'experts' on CEG get annoyed because people keep asking the same questions over and over again without doing any research. As for going against the tide, sure you might get some flak for trying something new, and that bugs me; however some people are asking for it by doing stuff halfassed, etc. For example, I can't believe people are still messing up their pulse wheels on their 3L swaps. That's the most frustrating thing. It's been clearly documented how to install the pulse wheel yet people still have questions. If you still have questions about the pulse wheel after reading the through the old posts then you shouldn't be doing the swap.

I will say the biggest thing that keeps me at CEG most of the time is that the forum is very active. Not to say that FCO and NECO are not, just that it's a lot easier to get through a slow day at work on CEG because there are so many active posting members.

pariah great word it says it all though it's just something about human specie??? It was great when we had all the Ford and Visteon engineers sharing, I learned allot. Thanks to Mr. Nasser's empire building or whatever, anyhow he squelched that.To me Ford lost a great marketing tool, however someone saw it as detrimental to their bottom line? I also think it may had to do with needed assemble line for the Escape and the asinine SUV craze?

MaddMike

Wow who says you can't learn something new not car related here!!!!!! Well for this ORF a foreigner in his own language English as it is pariah a new one for me. You have a gift to compose and get your point across without loosing your train of thought. Awesome I envy those who can let it flow right out on to the paper or in this case virtual ozone.

The ORF will shut up before I confuse everyone besides I've got to get back to a similar but much more maligned human affliction CFR Illuminati/ UN debacle/etc/etc/etc. Or as I call it brainwashing society for money. It's seriously depressing reading for me- the lost of family and friends for no reason -- Korean & Vietnam conflicts. WHAT do you believe and WHO do you trust?

I will say the biggest thing that keeps me at CEG most of the time is that the forum is very active. Not to say that FCO and NECO are not, just that it's a lot easier to get through a slow day at work on CEG because there are so many active posting members.

I agree - you can post a question and get a response very fast... not always the correct response, but you get one :P