FordContour.Org

Can't find "mislabeled" TOB info

morbid

Terry.. I remember seeing a post of yours that said some of the v6 TOB's were actually the ones for the 4cyl model, but in the v6 box. There were also part numbers to verify the v6 TOB. I've looked back to the 2006 posts and can't find it.... though I thought it was some time last year. Does anyone have a link to that post... or the p/n's?

The correct V6 part # is F5RZ-7A508-A but as the box is correct and the actual part does not carry the full part # it will not help.The WRONG part, standing next to an old/correct V6 part will be 1)overall height is shorter on the Zetec slave and 2)The contact face of the V6 bearing face is flat..the Zetec has a raised contact face with a small step you can feel...A Zetec (short) slave,if fitted on a V6 trans will usually blow out the hydraulic piston due the shorter overall length and the fact that the release bearing face is further away from the pressure plate...

Thanks for the info Terry! The reason I asked is that my slave failed. It was leaking a little brake fluid out the bottom, and I had gear noise with the clutch pedal in and out (while moving). I changed it, but it still has gear noise (same loudness as before -- excessive) with the clutch pedal out, but now there's no noise with the clutch in.

Would it drive at all with the wrong slave? I have to pull the motor soon and was also going to verify that is the correct part. I'm hoping it's the wrong one... but in case it's not, what else would cause that excessive gear noise?

...with the wrong slave it would hardly clear to go into gear,as if you had air in the clutch also the clutch would engaged very low. Noise all the time ,clutch up or down ,usually clutch pressure plate issue,noise stops with clutch down,could also be a clutch issue but usually a trans issue...

Important Information

By using this site, you agree to our Terms of Use.