FordContour.Org

few mods to my new T RED

bagged

did the headlights, removed all chrome. beleive it or not the light output is about the same

DSC01210.jpg

DSC01215.jpg

got bored and did the black rims with the red lip

Picture033-1.jpg

about to knock it down and repaint it and ill probably throw the turbo kit ive got in the garage in shortly after

did the headlights, removed all chrome. beleive it or not the light output is about the same

DSC01210.jpg

DSC01215.jpg

got bored and did the black rims with the red lip

Picture033-1.jpg

about to knock it down and repaint it and ill probably throw the turbo kit ive got in the garage in shortly after

wow that looks great. i'm sure there is a forum somewhere about how to do the headlight paint job. how the hell do you get the headlamps apart tho? it makes it look so much better too. good job!

Joe

wow that looks great. i'm sure there is a forum somewhere about how to do the headlight paint job. how the hell do you get the headlamps apart tho? it makes it look so much better too. good job!

Joe

i sent you a pm give me a call and ill talk you through it. i havent seen one how to yet that tells you how to do it properly most ive seen can damage the lights pretty badly

i sent you a pm give me a call and ill talk you through it. i havent seen one how to yet that tells you how to do it properly most ive seen can damage the lights pretty badly

So maybe you should post a how to here or on CEG!

some people cut them some people oven them. cutting them ruins the lights. well, baking them can too, if you pry too much. its tedious work, you gotta heat them up and pry around a little, bake again, pry, bake, etc.

i use a heat gun and pry behind the heat gun as i go around. works sweet! but i'm sick of hightowering my headlights (i keep breaking tabs to the point where they wont stay on any more lol)

i actually spoke with Scott, and he walked me thru it. it is very tedious. i OVENED mine. you have to be real carful too because you can do some damage to the lights. you also have to remove ALL the adhesive to successfully reinstall the light cover back on. i did mine today. my svt is black so naturally i painted them black as well. the sun kind of messed me up, i couldn't find a whole lot of shade but here it is.... i know its kinda hard to see. sorry bout that.

Joe

post-9279-1238974857_thumb.jpg

The lights look very nice. Good work.

Also the wheels look really nice. Did you have the red color matched or were they like that when you bought them?

Edited by Adam98SVT

i actually spoke with Scott, and he walked me thru it. it is very tedious. i OVENED mine. you have to be real carful too because you can do some damage to the lights. you also have to remove ALL the adhesive to successfully reinstall the light cover back on. i did mine today. my svt is black so naturally i painted them black as well. the sun kind of messed me up, i couldn't find a whole lot of shade but here it is.... i know its kinda hard to see. sorry bout that.

Joe

Did Collins do the Grill?Looking good! B)

nope i did the grill, Randy is the man tho. he does great work.

I know,waiting for some extra cash so I can mail him my grilles.

So maybe you should post a how to here or on CEG!

i put together a how to a while back. ill post it over here when i get more time. ceg not so much, screw those ingrates

Edited by bagged

So I understand the taking apart using the baking, but what do you put them back together with?

you shouldn't have a water problem with rv silicone. just make sure you check them throughly for any missed spots. i also used clamps to secure them, but not too tight tho. all just to make sure they wouldn't come apart and so i know they were back together as best as possible. AND like Scott told me, do NOT turn your oven on too high. i turned mine on to about 150 and checked on them every few minutes, took it out removed more glue, put it back in and so on. not too difficult if you have the time and patience.

Joe

couldnt stand looking at the body condition and bad paintwork anymore so i started repair and paint prep. should be finished tomorrow. this thing had a bunch of dents and whatnot i couldnt even see until i got it under the lights.

and ill paint it next week.

Picture039.jpg

Picture045.jpg

Picture048.jpg

Picture050.jpg

Picture054-1.jpg

Picture057-1.jpg

Picture058-1.jpg

Edited by bagged

What? no more little gold strips?

nope F those gold stripes they were painted and cleared in. this car had been repainted badly but thats all over with now this thing is straight as an arrow now. the car itself besides the bad paint had a ton of damage dents creases a ton of rock chips the front driver fender was wasted so was the passenger rear door the car was just plain unapealing i went way overboard on this one but a few buddies of mine and i are basically starting a small paint and repair buisness and im gonna drive this car myself for a while and everyone who knows me knows i only run quality built cars i i want this one to represent my work but my bagged car does that well also.

the body work is all done ill post more pics tomorrow

nope F those gold stripes they were painted and cleared in. this car had been repainted badly but thats all over with now this thing is straight as an arrow now. the car itself besides the bad paint had a ton of damage dents creases a ton of rock chips the front driver fender was wasted so was the passenger rear door the car was just plain unapealing i went way overboard on this one but a few buddies of mine and i are basically starting a small paint and repair buisness and im gonna drive this car myself for a while and everyone who knows me knows i only run quality built cars i i want this one to represent my work but my bagged car does that well also.

Any of those buddies live in Indiana? How's Kacie?

i'm sure its going to turn out really nice too! can't wait to see the pics!

Joe