FordContour.Org

"I WANT TO DISCONNECT DRIVER'S OPEN DOOR CHIME"

chillin

Hey guys,

I want to be able to run my car stereo with the ignition set on auxillary position with all 4 doors open in my 98 contour v6. I want to be able to get rid of the chime-bell ringing that happens when the drivers door is left open. If you look under the drivers side dash you will see a plug that runs to a box. If you unplug this the chime-bell stops ,"BUT" the stereo shuts off and the fuel pump also. Is there a fuse in the distribution box under the hood that shuts off the drivers open door chime, or do i have to go into the box under the drivers side dash and disconect a wire inside the box?

Thanks...

Chillin

Hey guys,

I want to be able to run my car stereo with the ignition set on auxillary position with all 4 doors open in my 98 contour v6. I want to be able to get rid of the chime-bell ringing that happens when the drivers door is left open. If you look under the drivers side dash you will see a plug that runs to a box. If you unplug this the chime-bell stops ,"BUT" the stereo shuts off and the fuel pump also. Is there a fuse in the distribution box under the hood that shuts off the drivers open door chime, or do i have to go into the box under the drivers side dash and disconect a wire inside the box?

Thanks...

Chillin

why is it annoying you? :lol: i was messing with mine today but said, what the hell, i'll let it go. i think it can get annoying but its ok after a while. i'm sure if you pull a certain fuse it will stop. but like you said, it will stop alot of other things as well. i think you may have to do something different to just make the door chime stop. a few other things are connected to that circuit. try to disconnect the wire inside the box....

Edited by DAMiENS98SVT

why is it annoying you? :lol: i was messing with mine today but said, what the hell, i'll let it go. i think it can get annoying but its ok after a while. i'm sure if you pull a certain fuse it will stop. but like you said, it will stop alot of other things as well. i think you may have to do something different to just make the door chime stop. a few other things are connected to that circuit. try to disconnect the wire inside the box....

........i want to disconnect it because i have component speakers in all 4 doors. If i am at the work bench in the garage i will hook the battery up to a charger, put in a cd, have a few beers and unwind. I am real picky about my music and sound quality. If i have the drivers door open, on soft passenges of the song,or when going to the next track on the cd i find the "bing bing bing", comming from the chime very annoying. If i shut the drivers door, and leave the other 3 doors open, it throws off the overall balance of the sound......like i said i am a little picky when it comes to listening to music. :rolleyes: :rolleyes:

Chillin...