Sign in to follow this  
guzman

I need a new suspention

what struts and springs should i get this is a dayly driver? And should i get any other suspention parts?

what struts and springs should i get this is a dayly driver? And should i get any other suspention parts?

What are you hoping to achieve?

his suspension is really bad, even though we replaced all the bushings/tie rods/bjs/wheel bearings, he still has a nasty clunk if he has the stearing turned. it sounds like it would be a bj but it also could be a really loose control arm bushing? we know he needs shocks but even worse are the rear springs( from years of stereo equiptment)

hes really interested on a set of lowering springs and i know most stock struts cant handle aftermarket springs.

does this bat kit come complete with springs/struts or will we have the choice of springs? either way were gonna have to look into the clunk up front, which also reminds me which direction is the control arm bushing supposed to be pressed in? theres litlle cut outs in the rubber for more flex and i know onmy grand prix theres a certain direction they need to be facing or they will fail real quick. im wondering if thats not guzmans case.

his suspension is really bad, even though we replaced all the bushings/tie rods/bjs/wheel bearings, he still has a nasty clunk if he has the stearing turned. it sounds like it would be a bj but it also could be a really loose control arm bushing? we know he needs shocks but even worse are the rear springs( from years of stereo equiptment)

hes really interested on a set of lowering springs and i know most stock struts cant handle aftermarket springs.

does this bat kit come complete with springs/struts or will we have the choice of springs? either way were gonna have to look into the clunk up front, which also reminds me which direction is the control arm bushing supposed to be pressed in? theres litlle cut outs in the rubber for more flex and i know onmy grand prix theres a certain direction they need to be facing or they will fail real quick. im wondering if thats not guzmans case.

The Bat kit is a strut spring combo.They sell springs and struts individually too.Clunk up front is usually a bad control arm. I just replace the assemblies.You will also need front and rear strut bearings.

The Bat kit is a strut spring combo.They sell springs and struts individually too.Clunk up front is usually a bad control arm. I just replace the assemblies.You will also need front and rear strut bearings.

where could i get the bat kit, and for the best deal?

where could i get the bat kit, and for the best deal?

British American Transfer springs are 245$ a set plus shipping.I have a set that I used for 2 months,if you are interested PM me 99$ plus shipping.

BrApple and SVTDemon have way more experince in this than I do, but here's my one cent:

The BAT Euro kit will most likely lower your car. At least, I do know that it's lower than the stock SVT suspension. It's also, in my experience, softer than the stock SVT suspsension, with less road feel and more body roll than the stock SVT suspension. Some people may see that as an improvement.

Dunno how it would compare to your stock suspension, but, from what I've read here and elsewhere, others like it a great deal over the stock suspension.

An advantage of the BAT kit as an aftermarket option is that it's balanced - the springs and struts are designed to work together and are designed specifically for the Contour and Mystique. You'll find other options if you search the site.

You don't mention how many miles are on your car - it may be overkill, but consider replacing all of the bushings, upper strut mounts, rear sway bar links, inner/outer control arms, and the and control arms while you're at it.

Here's the link to BAT:

http://www.batinc.net/

Mike

The BAT Euro kit will most likely lower your car. At least, I do know that it's lower than the stock SVT suspension. It's also, in my experience, softer than the stock SVT suspsension, with less road feel and more body roll than the stock SVT suspension. Some people may see that as an improvement.

yes the BAT kit will lower the car, but only about an inch or so. It is one of the more mild drops. Now I'm not running the BAT springs but I am using the BAT struts and I have to say the ride is alot firmer then stock.

only the front has strut bearings.

I know that was an ADD typo.LMAO

British American Transfer springs are 245$ a set plus shipping.I have a set that I used for 2 months,if you are interested PM me 99$ plus shipping.

how much do u want? what all do i get

how much do u want? what all do i get

Sorry that kit sold!

Yeah, I bought the springs from SVT Demon and am trying to sell my stock SVT suspension components in order to finish the job (BAT struts). Stock is lower than standard Contour but not as low as BAT. My SVT struts only have about 14k on them, springs are good and level but do have 120K on them. I'll make you a package deal - see my post under the parts section and PM me if you're interested. This is a nice setup for daily driver and definitely more agressive than standard Contour.