FordContour.Org

Contour Roll-call

99ContourLX

Since the last Contour was manufactured 10 years ago, it's probably a good idea to see how many are still alive and kicking.

OB1 and BrApple probably own half the living Contour population :D

Please post the year, engine, miles and any other relevant info.

Thanks.

Here's mine:

1999 Contour Zetec 4cyl ATX

131,000 miles on the original engine

DD. Runs great so far.

1995 Mystique LS - 223k - will be retired soon ...

1999 Contour SE Sport - SVT conversion, 3L turbo - 105k

2000 SVT, #2137 - 59k

1999 Contour SE Sport - 124k - parents - will be mine in a month or so

1995 Contour SE - 146k - retired and donated to CPTV (CT Public TV)

1997 Contour SE/Sport V6 MTX 135k (2.5L spun rod, rotted wiring harness, 3L swap, crushed by fallen tree branch, scrapped)

1998 SVT Contour 140k (at 130k original engine swapped for '99 SVT engine with 65k)

1999 SVT Contour 80k (at 65k original swapped with 3L)

I'll include my friend's since I maintain it....

1998 SVT Contour 120k (all original, needs cats replaced)

98 SilverFrost SVT 146,823 on Chassis,about 20K on motor since last april. Damn I drive alot. :drive1:

1999 number 869, 68,000 miles. Never been outside the state of Florida. Only spent 4 nights outside the garage. Still the original owner, and the wife has still never driven it. I guess that's why I bought her the lincoln, so she wouldn't ask to drive it. :nono:

1999 Contour SVT (Kona Blue 3L).. 133,000 miles.

1995 Contour SE (Electric Currant Red 2.5L / 5spd).. 88,000 miles.

Although I've seen many cars over the years...

-Dom

1999 number 869, 68,000 miles. Never been outside the state of Florida. Only spent 4 nights outside the garage. Still the original owner, and the wife has still never driven it. I guess that's why I bought her the lincoln, so she wouldn't ask to drive it. nono.gif

NICE!.....and the wifes never driven it makes it even better.....im not really sexist but ill never let a woman drive my cars

I got a 96 GL Zetec ATX new motor/tranny mounts going in it right now (litteraly fell appart) just had headgasket and waterpump done rear brakes going in next week. currently at 145k

my old 97 GL (now my dad's) Zetec MTX about 147k not worth the time if you ask me. on its 5th headgasket (only blew once) had so many problems with the engine in this car, also replaced clutch and trans. this one may be going to junkyard soon it knocks like crazy and still doesnt shift right...

1999 Se Sport MNB.

Stock 2.5 with SVT spec uim and lim, 3L Tb, SVT intake, oil air separator, optimized y-pipe and full custom exhaust. and others.

191,000 original motor and trans.

this summer SVT tune with SVT injectors and 3L UIM and maybe SVT cams

1998 2.5L V6, MTX, 65,000 miles, green - all parts original except disposables, radio, and engine harness/battery cables (which all, in the usual manner, dry-rotted away), and cup-holder.

Looking for new cup-holder (on my second, which just cracked), passenger rear window lower rubber fitting, passenger side fan assembly, and shift sleeve.

• 1 month later...

98 sport 2.5 ATX with a real 22,000 miles. This will probably be the last Contour left on the planet. (not really, it's become an everyday driver)

post-10477-127065452822_thumb.jpg

• 2 weeks later...