Sign in to follow this  
Terry Haines

CD4E TSS Issues

Digging thru some old info I found issues with the new part number TSS that some owners have fitted to clar the P0742 cod.

The current replacement part is XS7Z-7M101-KA (I think?)..The info tells me that this unit does not have the same magnetic force that the early units have and,in some cases does not clear the TSS fault. Most is to do with the signal strength from the sensor being weaker than the early unit..Bottom line of the report is..if you have a CD4E with a suspect TSS the new level unit may not correct it and it is suggested that an old unit be used..maybe from a j/y trans..early numbers are..F7RZ-7M101-AA or F3RZ-7M101-A.

The info is from back in '[04 and I think the site that had it has since shut down.

I may try to scan the print out and post..

Digging thru some old info I found issues with the new part number TSS that some owners have fitted to clar the P0742 cod.

The current replacement part is XS7Z-7M101-KA (I think?)..The info tells me that this unit does not have the same magnetic force that the early units have and,in some cases does not clear the TSS fault. Most is to do with the signal strength from the sensor being weaker than the early unit..Bottom line of the report is..if you have a CD4E with a suspect TSS the new level unit may not correct it and it is suggested that an old unit be used..maybe from a j/y trans..early numbers are..F7RZ-7M101-AA or F3RZ-7M101-A.

The info is from back in '[04 and I think the site that had it has since shut down.

I may try to scan the print out and post..

Ah yes unfortunately I can't remember why I tried this change 5-6years ago I think. (not a error code just to try an see what would shifting at normal city driving. It's still in there and I like the way it shifts for getting good mileage when using the egg between the foot and the pedal style of driving. The part I put in XS7Z-7M101-KA with date of 10/17/01. The original F3RP-7HO62-AA car built 07/97.

I do remember something about difference signal strength, however which one was which. I so glad this car is keeping me happy, the crap thats out there---my hard earned retirement money it's going to hard to 1000x bang for the buck!!!! MY cousin has teased ever since I bought my back-up Mistake damn glad I did. Hell getting old EH? Especially with these idiot politicians trying to shove this health reform bill on us. Good bye freedom and America!!!!

Oh I found my records I changed it 09/2001 and the TSB 1-3 harsh shift software change and the servo upgrade that still didn't help that much so I changed the TSS. It helped however the algorithm that learns the how you drive and when you sudden drive different a little more aggressive and then let up- Ka-boom. I do know one thing thankfully I changed ATF to Mobil 1. I never did get to the mod on the "valve-body". 88k+ Terry who was told me about Ford Or was it Mr. Nasser that the ATX was only engineered for 100K? Ford or Visteon engineer ?

Sign in to follow this  

Important Information

By using this site, you agree to our Terms of Use.