FordContour.Org

Hit the trifecta

jhurd

well its been a while- must be all the enjoyment I'm getting out of that S3M 3.0l :drive1:

Anyway, I hit the trunk button on my remote a while back and it made a strange whrrrrrl noise (and didn't release the trunk). No problem, I went inside the car and gave the lever a pull and opened the trunk. The trunk release lever has always been hit or miss, so I never trusted it. Feels like the cable may have stretched and you can't pull the handle out far enough.

Well you guessed it, now its kaputt. :blowup: I tried the key in the trunk lock and it doesn't turn- I'm pretty sure it use to (few years ago). Whats the easiest way to get in the trunk? I was thinking of taking it to a locksmith but thought there might be an easier way. Going through the rear seats isn't an option as I have a speaker box.

remove the back seat and black liner.

thats good if you don't have folding seats. a SVT will have folding rear seats. you could get the brackets off but the seat is still locked by the latch.

thats good if you don't have folding seats. a SVT will have folding rear seats. you could get the brackets off but the seat is still locked by the latch.

or the fact that I have a custom full width speaker box wedged in there. I'm hoping that I can remove the trunk release handle ( by the driver's seat) and pull on the cable with some pliers.