FordContour.Org

Torque spec for lower arm to subframe bolt

elipajuelo

Hi all,

My

Contour (3FALP6538WM114306) has the 4-bolt version of the lower arm (two different kinds of bolts), and the Haynes book only

gives me one torque spec for this two kinds of bolts. I believe Haynes spec is for the 2-bolt version of the lower arm only.

/>So far, as one of the bolts is 12mm, grade 10.9, I used 62 ft-lb, and the other is 10mm, grade 10.9, I used 40 ft-lb. This

made sense to me, but I would be very glad if one of you guys can confirm that for me.

Thanks in advance.

/>Eli Pajuelo

we ended up having to put a

few washers on the bottom side, b/c there was not enough clearance with the bolt going in upside down to clear the bottom of

the boot. that bolt was the only original bolt that was was re-used, b/c the new ones i got were just a hair longer. maybe

someday i can have someone help me take the cv shafts out so i can get the new bolts in there the correct way, from the top

side down.....but the alignment i got is perfect and it could not be any straighter. oh yeah it handles very presise now too.

thanks for all your help over the phone terry. i am sure glad we discovered that there was nothing wrong with the inner

boot....thanks again.... :punk

Ben