Sign in to follow this  
Delores

Which Optima Red Top Battery?

I want a red top for the 1995 contour - but can't find an applicaiton...

What battery model number do i need?

Thanks!

I'd probably stay away from optima batteries these days. It seems like the quality has went south. I actually had a talk with the interstate battery guy that comes to our truck shop and he doesn't like to push them at all. He also agreed that they aren't worth it anymore and there are better choices in that price range.

I've installed plenty of brand new Optima's (Red and Yellow) lately... No issues at all. Perhaps there was a bad "batch" but I have one and have recommended plenty others and no one has any complaints.

-Dom

My brother had a Yellow Top in his 3000GT. He installed it when he bought the car a bout a year or two ago, and had no issues in both the summer and winter. Unfortunately the engine developed a knock so he sold it.

I did a quick search on Interstate's website. They list only one battery, a "Mega-Tron" battery lol, 40R. I thought I remember a few parts stores selling different grade batteries, i.e. Gold, Silver, etc.

I've installed plenty of brand new Optima's (Red and Yellow) lately... No issues at all. Perhaps there was a bad "batch" but I have one and have recommended plenty others and no one has any complaints.

-Dom

Very true. I've used yellow/red tops in the past without any issues. I just purchased a dual terminal (gm side mount and top mount) interstate for my contour. We'll have to see how it does this summer.