FordContour.Org

This year's Kinetic Sculpture Race vehicle build

Gar

Last year's build got a lot of viewer interest so I thought I'd share the galley link for the new car. Hope you enjoy.

Gar

http://kelmarkgt.freeforums.org/gar-s-2012-kinetic-sculpture-t190.html

You'll hurt from laughin lookin at these crazy machines and their pilots. Made progress today mounting the front end and completed one of the siamese sprockets.

Gar

Work is progressing, although barn construction is slowin me down. Keep checking back to follow the build.

Gar

There's always the chance of putting a motor on it (like last year's model) and our riders are beefy boys.

Gar

Use the link back up at the top in the first post to check my progress. Made parts and stuck em on since last post.

Gar

• 3 weeks later...

Race day is closing fast.... see how far I've come. I actually feel like a contender.

http://kelmarkgt.freeforums.org/gar-s-2012-kinetic-sculpture-t190.html

Gar

The pix from Thursday include one of the car in front of something large and white. That object is 6 four foot cubed chunks of foam used to float 1200 pounds each..... My only concern about weight is the hillclimb part of the race where my sprag bearing drive component into the trans will get loaded close to its spec limit of 106 foot-pounds. Well, that and a teeny fear of losing the brakes in a crowd. I'm not worried any more about floating it.

I'll prolly be the second or third heaviest in the event at an estmated 2300. If finished in time, we may roll over the feed scale with the trailer.

Gar

• 2 weeks later...

Race day is this Saturday. Gar