Sign in to follow this  
Woogieman

Hey Aussie......

... I know you've been pretty busy lately, but I was wondering if I could borrow you for a little while? I have a shifter cable endlink in my possesion now & I was kinda hoping I could get you to assist me with this job. I figured you were the best to ask since you've had some experience with these lately :) Maybe we can get a little group together to do some tinkering with Tours?

-Aaron

Sounds like fun! Let me know when and where...I'll try to make it.

I'll even offer up my garage if it helps.

LOL......... you know you could just call a fella....... But well OK...... I'd be glad to help you...... :gathering: :thumbs:

Got a plan?

AF

I hate to bother you with my little stuff so I just figured you could respond to this post when you got a chance, my bad :doh:. No plan yet, but I figured we could meet when/where ever it's most convenient for you.

-Aaron

Well how about next weekend at your garage?

The cable ends are not hard to do with a couple of guys. Do you have jack stands handy?

What other mods can we do to your Tour at the same time? fog light..... rear dome...... lighted dimmer....... lighted moon roof....... cougar lock switches....

AF

Well, my wife has to work Saturday & Sunday so if I do mess with the car it has to be kinda qick since I'll be watching the kids too. I have to take the kids to a birthday party at 2PM on Sunday as well.

I have the jack stands, and all of those other mods sound fun. I even have a few more things we could do but I just won't have time for that other stuff unless we do it on a different weekend.

Just let me know what will work best for you.

-Aaron

Your end link that needs replacing is it the white or black one ? It seems like usually it is the white one that wears out. Either one takes about a half hour to replace if you count the jacking of the car. We can even do it after work today or tomorrow if that works better for you.

Like you say we can mess with all that other stuff later.

A little about 95's. They have so many little things about them that just trying to get my 99 caught up to my 95 has caused no end to all the creature comfort mods. One of my personal favorite ones that really has little practical usage is the green light in the door handle pockets. I just think they are cool especially when they are connected to the dimmer switch. :wink:

AF

Tomorrow 3/30 would work for me. I can be home and have the car jacked up and ready to go @ around 5:30PM. It is the white end link.

Yeah, I look forward to doing some more fun mods once I get a few maintenance items taken care of.

-Aaron

Green dimmable lights in the door handle pockets!!! My '95 is crying for these!!!

Enjoy guys!!!

I thought the light package in my '95 SE was something, until I saw the gigantic red-and-white squarish door lights in my '96 LS Mystique - almost comical, if kinda nice. Then there's the mysterious blinking red dash light. The Ford sales guy push-started the Mystique each time I test drove it, and when I bought it. The apparent "dead battery" figured in the lowered price. Starts like a champ, once you push "Unlock" on the remote, turning off the blinking red dash light and re-enabling the starter, part of a Ford-installed alarm system - LOL.

So many nice touches in both cars, from lights to leather to moon roof... and then there's the Mystique's odd combo radio/tape deck/CD player via two units, one atop the other. Glad I didn't get the paneled dash!

More work on it this weekend (rear 02 sensors); already fixed the power seat and side mirror motors, though rear cat still rattles... wish you guys were closer. Have fun!

Edited by Ferret II

Well, Aussie came over and in about 10 minutes we were done :) I'm very thankful that Aussie was able to take some time & come over to help me. I hope we can get some fun mods done the next time we get together. Thanks again Aussie!! We're lucky to have you around.

-Aaron

Thanks for the kind words my friend.

It is my pleasure to lend a hand when needed. Have you taken it for a spin yet?

Where else can a fella spend 10 minutes tinkering with a Tour and get some good pizza and conversation..... with a guest call in from Shotwell :gathering:

AF

Yeah, that was almost as good as it gets.

I did take it out for a little drive around one of my favorite local loops. Fixed everything just like I hoped it would. Man I love driving my SVT :thumbs:

-Aaron

Where else can a fella spend 10 minutes tinkering with a Tour and get some good pizza and conversation..... with a guest call in from Shotwell :gathering:

Whaaaaaat? You guys suck for being so close to each other!!! I'm 100% on my own up here in Nanooksville each time I have to tinker or fix something. Somebody better have saved some pizza for me!

Whaaaaaat? You guys suck for being so close to each other!!! I'm 100% on my own up here in Nanooksville each time I have to tinker or fix something. Somebody better have saved some pizza for me!

There's still some in my Fridge, but it's going fast :console: Whenever you get done living in that city that doesn't have snow in March you should join us down here :idea: :thumbs: :D

-Aaron

I'm 100% on my own up here in Nanooksville each time I have to tinker or fix something.

THAT IS SO NOT TRUE!!! WE ARE ALWAYS HERE FOR YA SWABBIE.......... I think all that sun is melting your brain!

AF