Sign in to follow this  
Black Tilly

Tweecer program for 3L Return system

Ok heres what im trying to figure out. I have a mechanic friend who recommended me the program tweecer for dyno tuning a 3L because that program is what he runs in his 95 lightning and likes it. Ive read in some places that our cars cant use that program if we have a return system. its only for returnless. is this acutally true? and if it is true, why is it only for returnless and not for return? mechanic friend is arguing that it will work. im just seeing if anyone has gone down this road. thanks in advance!

side note. i have a return system.

http://api.viglink.com/api/click?format=go&key=21b3b5317f5d580f752b821cdf58b6f6&loc=http%3A%2F%2Fwww.newcougar.org%2Fforums%2Ftuning-calibration%2F156561-using-tweecer-program.html%23post1901833&v=1&libid=1359750757175&out=http%3A%2F%2Fwww.tweecer.com%2Findex.htm&ref=http%3A%2F%2Fwww.newcougar.org%2Fforums%2Fforum.php&title=Using%20Tweecer%20program&txt=The%20TwEECer%20--%20EEC-IV%20user%20programmable%20module&jsonp=vglnk_jsonp_13597507821654

Never heard of it.  Our cars are programmed via the ECM, not a chip that is connected like old cars.  Most dyno tuners know how to manipulate our systems, or should.

TwEECer is popular with OBD1 Fords. I did not know they tuned later models. The are not for returnless only. Many older Fords used a return fuel system. Their website shows they support the '98 SVT Contour PCM. This could be a good option for anyone swapping a 3L into a '95 model also.

Who's doing the tuning?

Havnt found an exact dyno place to tune it yet but im not gonna be the one tuning it alone. i was gonna get this program and give the car and this program to the dyno shop.

TwEECer is popular with OBD1 Fords. I did not know they tuned later models. The are not for returnless only. Many older Fords used a return fuel system. Their website shows they support the '98 SVT Contour PCM. This could be a good option for anyone swapping a 3L into a '95 model also.

see thats why when i found some posts over on neco saying its only for returnless i was confused. you said what i was thinking. early ford models used return type fuel systems. i have a SVT PCM that i use and found that they do support it. ill be purchasing the program in the near future!! thanks to all the replys!

Honestly they only support the XGT1 code, which only supports the 2000 Model Year returnless 2.5L SVT. DemonSVT had this setup and worked with his.. I took interest a long while back and caught him asking questions in their forums and also he stated on CEG at one point he got it to work.

Anyway, I'd say it's be easier to have an SCT dealer tune it if its nothing special. Otherwise, something more extravigant may be in order.

-Dom

Havnt found an exact dyno place to tune it yet but im not gonna be the one tuning it alone. i was gonna get this program and give the car and this program to the dyno shop.

I'd find a good tuner first and get whatever tuning device their most well versed with. Finding a good tuner is more important than which program to go with. Both are good programs from what I've seen. SCT should be more than adequete though and easier to find a good tuner.

Edited by rac74

Honestly they only support the XGT1 code, which only supports the 2000 Model Year returnless 2.5L SVT. 

False. I am running Rjl1 Return with tweecer on my '98