Sign in to follow this  
asmoto05

None start

I've been working on getting my svt restarted. I have a ported 3l been running since 2010. Here's the story.

Drove about fifty miles to a local city ran around town. Hopped the intestate to come home. Driving the average 70 to 80 mph. She didn't hesitate or anything, thought i heard something coming from the passenger side when my wife had her window open. As i get off the interstate, clutch in and she completely dies. She'll crank but nothing. Before my battery died I had a lean code for bank one haven't been able to shake that one for a bit. There was one new code I'd never seen a p1450.

You can hear the fuel pump kick in, 50 psi at the rail. Held a plug near a bolt and plenty of spark. I've checked starter, alternator replaced cables from the alternator to the battery including the mega fuse. Inspected main harness but seems to be clear. Replaced injector harness with one from an early 99 cougar. Ummm cleaned all grounds. Replaced coil pack, wires, and plugs. Checked all pulleys to make sure none seized. Spray starter fluid in and nothing. Pulled 02 sensor off the front tried to start and she popped and nothing. Did notice through my torque program that the fuel tank pressure is up past 5k. So if the fuel tank pressure is high with the pcm keep the car from starting? Any thoughts would be great appreciated I've been struggling with this.

Did you use any adaptor type plates between heads & intake manifolds or is it stoc 3.0? Sounds like some form of vac leak etc re lean code...

BTW..P1450 is unable to bleed fuel tank vacuum...maybe see if it will start with gas tank cap off...

It's a ported 3l sir. The lean code really hadn't seem to be much trouble. She probably could use a new set of gaskets in between the uim and lim. Yeah pulled gas cap with same results of no start and the pressure reading.

...strange,if you have a spark but no 'kick' even with starter fluid...'could' be an ign problem...I'd check out the wiring on the crank position sensor...the plug/harness in that area has been known to fail...

Replaced the crank and cam. Replaced the injector harness with an early 99 cougar and it's in great shape. I checked to make sure it was return style only thing I haven't messed with is the main harness.