Sign in to follow this  
Contour Man

Rwd zetec transmission?

Does anybody know of a rwd manual transmission and bellhousing that will bolt right onto the zetec?

This will not be going in a contour, however I wasn't sure were to post this.

Edited by Contour Man

Yes, I will be rotating the engine, I was curious if there might have been anything in the local junkyard I could use though

@ianmcc thanks that seems to be what i was looking for,  can you post pictures of what yours looks like?

Oh ok I see what you did,  What kind of stock were you using,  and what else needs to be done?

I used a spare Focus A/C bracket to make a couple of items including this PCV plate.

DSCF3962.jpg

You can see on the left where I cut off two "ears" to weld to the bellhousing. I then ground off the top mounting holes.

Looking at the pics in the Sevenesque pictures I toyed with the idea of an adapter plate so I fabbed one up out of clear plext to see how it would work out.

DSCF3964.jpg

Edited by ianmcc

So everybody I've done more research on this topic,  and now I'm hearing stuff such as a jaguar x type mtx75 awd trany might bolt right onto this motor.

Anybody know if this is true?  I mean i know a lot would have to change but if it bolts on then I can fab mounts and such

FYI..one of my cars is an MTX75/Jaguar X Type AWD. The MTX75 in this car will mate up to a V6(2.5 or 3.0)..What else do you need to know/ Are you now looking for AWD or still just want RWD...engine on X Types is a transverse mount...

Damn I was hoping it would mate up to the 2.0,  I am still deciding whether awd or rwd is best for me

hmm its still a possibility though could a bellhousing from the mtx75 that mates to the 2.0 bolt onto the jags?

FYI..MTX75 cases are produced as matched pairs..The V6 input shaft is also longer than the Zetec type shaft. It's not impossible to swap case halves BUT a check must be made that shaft ends line up correctly and,in some cases,the dowel locations have to be m/c ,moved. Gear cut is another factor between input and output shafts(jag output meshing with late Zetec input) Not impossible but could be a lot of work.You should also consider the Zetec starter and intake manifold position with the Jag transfer case very close to it..

terry do you think it would be possible to keep the factory flexplate,  clutch, pressure plate assembly,  and bellhousing if i made a custom bracket to mate the t-5 transmission?   And then just get a custom friction disc and pilot bearing to match?

Edited by Contour Man

terry i meant to edit that out,  It would neeed a custom clutch disc,  Also can anybody give me the measurement of how deep the mtx trans bell housing is? I need a really close number

I think you need the following dimensions...From crank where the pilot bearing will go to the start and finish of the splines on the clutch disc,then the dimension to the fingers on the compressed clutch pressure plate..From this you should be able to work back to find where the splines and input shaft will be on the T5...and the TOB position...