Sign in to follow this  
Detroit3series

Bad clutch job?

I had a shop do a clutch job for me. They did the master & slave and put a Luk clutch in. Now it's definitely stiffer going into gears, especially first. Also, it feels as if I can feel and hear the fork moving loud & a thump when I go between gears. When I move it side to side in neutral it stops when trying to get into 5th and I have to use the reverse lockout sometimes to get it over. Overall looking at the shifter it sorta looks like its leaning towards me more than I remember. Have an idea what they did wrong?

Well the slave & master was replaced apparently cause after the slave was replaced it wasn't bleeding. I noticed sometimes in 1st I feel a little pulsation in the engagement. I was thinking since my shifter is leaning towards me now it was some kinda linkage issue.

Verify the routing of the two shift cables is correct. This could very well be what is resulting in the "leaning" of the shifter that you are observing as well as "notchyness".

Maybe as simple as cables not adjusted properly at the trans ends?  (Maybe this is what Spridget meant)

If these were way out of adjustment it could cause much or all of what you describe I think.  It could certainly affect where the shifter sits when "free".

I don't have my CD handy but the procedure is quick and easy, I replaced a cable end last year when trans was out and needed to reset adjustment.  Piece of cake to do right but shop may have done it wrong if they did it.

Al Seim

Most welcome. Do a visual on the cable ends at the MTX-75 and let us know what you see. Aussie Ford has a supreme write-up on R&R these cable ends, if I am not mistaken. I have the white ones, new, btw.

Sign in to follow this  

Important Information

By using this site, you agree to our Terms of Use.