FordContour.Org

What the heck is Aussie Ford up to????

Aussie Ford

Attached are some pics of a 1936 box car that a team of us from the Travis Manion Foundation will be turning into a bunk house for the Crystal Peaks Youth Ranch in Bend, OR next week.

boxcar 1.jpgboxcar 2.jpgint boxcar.jpg

OK so it is a bit rough but a little putty n paint, some curtains on the windows....... :yahoo:

For added interest check out the Travis Manion Foundation site www.travismanion.org these are the people my son (aka Jarhead) and I will be working with on this project. 

Regards,

AF

This is great Aussie!!!! The Boy Scouts use newer, metal box cars, for berthing compartments, at Cub World - Scouters Mountain. This is a great work you are invovled in, my friend!!!

Aussie has to be telling others there about the fine varmint shooting range not too far away. He and The Jarhead may be the most local TMF members in this production, so they may be part of an entertainment committee.

AF would never be the type to take pics of stages of progress on their project. Like in one of his CDW27 How To's.

• 1 month later...

So the ten of us all met up in Redmond, OR at the airport. The fellas flew in from all over the country; Atlanta, Virginia, Philly, Ohio, New Mexico, Texas, SanDiego, etc.

We spent 5 days working on the Crystal Peaks Youth Ranch and what a place that is. Every horse has a story as does every kid that comes there.

Everyone had a great time working and playing. We even took time to go climb Smith Rock, and go to Cowboy Church which they hold on the ranch once a month. About 200 people from around the area attend for a meal and some preaching. On the last day we did some ride'n and played horse socker.

Cowboy Church 03.jpgDeck 01.jpg

Finish.jpgfoundation.jpg

Pasture 02.jpg

Please check out their web site. Jarhead and I will be going back.