Sign in to follow this  
Detroit3series

21mm BAT swaybar unprepared install

Hey guys,

So I've done my searching about this and didn't see a clear answer. Not to mention CEG is having a database issue. I dropped off my swaybar with 21mm bushing set from Energy Suspension to my mechanic and had no idea about the difference in the mounting brackets. Is this going to take a lot of welding and/or fabrication?

My problem : post-16023-0-58328300-1414621742_thumb.jpg

Loads of good info, with prictures of the entire procedure. Unfortunately these were on the CEG site, which recently underwent changes. These changes resulted in "The CEG Forums database has encountered a problem" for each of the 10 google searches I attempted moments ago.

Loads of good info, with prictures of the entire procedure. Unfortunately these were on the CEG site, which recently underwent changes. These changes resulted in "The CEG Forums database has encountered a problem" for each of the 10 google searches I attempted moments ago.

Does it make a difference that I have a brand new rear subframe? I thought the new ones were already reinforced with the box mounts.

Does it make a difference that I have a brand new rear subframe? I thought the new ones were already reinforced with the box mounts.

No need to purchase a new rear subframe, unless you have extensive rust. Terry is correct in regards to his comments about a good welder. New OEM rear subframes will require this modification thru metal fabrication and welding.

I cut several small pieces of steel to fully box the mounts and extend the bolt holes. I welded the nut to the backside of the extension to make the nut captive and permanent. On one side, the extension was very close to the gas tank, so I had to grind it back down and round off the corners. I don't think I have pics anymore though.

Couple of tips..Chances are the bar will foul on the tank/straps...be sure it does not rub at all on the tank etc...check it when installed with end links off to check movement/any rub in both directions of rotation...may have to nudge the frame as far rear as it can go...re check/re adjust rear suspension settings re tracking etc..most important!

Sign in to follow this  

Important Information

By using this site, you agree to our Terms of Use.