Sign in to follow this  
Kevin Kirtley

dash and interior swap ?

Anyone swaped a dash before. How hard is it. I got the boring gray interior and im wanting to mix and match the black and red interior. And does anyone know interior color options for the cougar as im swapping the front and rear seats into my contour

Aussie Ford will need to speak to this - he has a write-up or two on it as well - Mystique/Contour.

I already have to re vinyl my door panels as the vinyl is falling off. Plan is black dash with early contour red lower plastic pieces. Same with door panels. Then match the cougar seats black with red inserts or maybe black with red stitching. I have tinkered with the idea of a cougar dash but its a little to fancy for this builds taste

I am emailing Aussie Ford and asking he speak to this topic - the man has done an amazing job with dashes, interior in general. Sorry for the delay.

Me too!  Me too!

My T-Red SVT is ready for the dash swap from Contour to Mystique as I have seen Aussie's 'Tours with this swap many times, and I really like the look.

I also want to do the pre-98 center console swap, but I am not certain if this will work with the Mystique dash or not--maybe it has its own console?

Pre-98 trunk lid with lip spoiler is on the radar too...

Why did Ford go backwords  :g:

Sorry to have hijacked your thread.

Well TechGurru you should recall that we got a dash at the jy for you to install in the SVT prior to you selling it to me..... too bad you didn't do it but as you saw I did. So here's the deal. We watch the Pic n Pull  row52 notices for 95-97 Mystiques and when we find one in the right color or perhaps we find a dash in dark blue and a console in red then do the swap. The Mystique console is different than the Tour one to match up to the differences in the dashes, but to the untrained eye they are the same..... LOL 

Along with those parts we will need to change the dash support as there is an extra bolt to accommodate the knee panel with the drivers side glove box.

And while we are at it we should do the mystique door panels so we can install them under door lights and don't forget the heated mirrors and lighted 99 lighted dimmer switch too. Just a few wiring changes while we have the harnesses out anyway. You will really like the difference. 

I look forward to some fun times neighbor.....

AF