FordContour.Org

PNW GET TOGETHER - JUNE 6

mondeoman

Everyone - Get together planned for June 6, 2015, at Mike's Place (Shotwell). Loads of room and very nice setting (country setting, shade, BBQ, shop, etc). If you can locate the Clark County Fairgrounds, you can find Mike's place.

Around 10:30 am for starts - must allow our brothers and sisters to the north (Emerald City area) drive time south.

Let's make this an event to remember - everyone, CA to Canada and everyone in-between.

Hotdogs, buns and condiments handled - you bring yourself, a 'Tour/Mystique (OK Aussie, the half and half will work) and if not, no worries!!! We have a '98 E0 SVT (parts car) to tear into!!! Go home happy knowing that we don't have the Snow-belt salt/rust to deal with, great company to be had, and more car related stories than you can stand ;-)

See everyone  there!!

Mondeoman

OK, if someone insists, maybe we throw in some bratwursts, italian sausages, 1/3 lb burger patties, plus cold brewskis and cold pop.

Make this too big an event and then the next time I'll know to call in a guy with a mobile bbq trailer for ribs.

Bob - I didn't say anything about bringing the cot to sleep off the food you mentioned!!! Not that Mike doesn't have the room/place for cots. Well, I have the buns, and dogs. Need my trailer for what you mentioned ;-)

• 3 weeks later...

Let's see, an "Official Schedule" of sorts........talk CDW27, eat, drink and then talk more CDW27, eat more, drink more and talk about EVERYTHING!! I am sure some will find their way to PIR and/or Woodburn Drags.

Good question you ask!!

* struggle with stuck hard to reach bolt

* smack bolt with BFH/Special Ford Tool

* throw tool into meadow

* scream "That's right! It's still a Contour!"

* grab a fresh beer

* wolf down a grilled brat

* regroup for next round with stubborn bolt

* tell story of outrunning six dodge hemi state patrol cars while driving a '65 Corvair spyder turbo with your commanding officer getting sick out a back window while it's 40 miles back to your base on hairpinned gravel roads and he says you'll be locked up by MPs/SPs for six months if you don't get there in less than 27 minutes.

* grab another beer

* note that it's only 12:25 pm on a glorious PNW afternoon...

OMG!!!

Do we have a Mental Health Therapist amongst us? :wacko: :wink:

I'm looking forward to this gathering ;-)

Jerry - I am going to make it early in the morning (10 ish) due to have my youngest son graduating from Molalla High School this Saturday afternoon - I need to be back in Molalla NLT 1pm.

Want me to bring the mnb under-dash cover (drivers side) for our younger friend that bought the hood and door from me for his SVT? Would you be able to bring the non-SVT battery tie-down bracket with you? What time are you arriving?

thanks - Bill

I have a super rare SVT contour front bra that someone can have if they want.  for a beer :)

Umh......going to keep this "G" rated   - That is a heck of a price - a beer!!! These front end covers also hide a multitude of ill's!!!

haha ....wait! maybe I should raise the price! 2 beers and a contour story!!   The bra has some damage and since iv done paint I dont need it..

Oh and Mondeoman.. those poly inserts for the front RR are installed now along with a poly 90a rear resistor.. wheels are glueed to the ground now.. :)

Edited by PNWContour

Is anyone bringing their gf/wife??  My new friend and hopeful addition to our svt contour family is bringing his wife and kid.  Just curious altho I'm sure they'll be fine.

Fenders? We have two toned: silver and rust.

Maybe a JY has something in silver w/o rust. 

Topic change: I may have two more guests to bring by mid-day. Chicago relatives.

One is into NASCAR, other into Harleys.

You can pick your friends but you can't pick your relatives. 

I am hoping to pick up the RR from the "rust bucket", as well as the rear brake flex lines. Of course the flex lines may need to stay on the SVT until it is in the last stages of departing from Mickey's Place. Maybe the rear sway bar as well. That RR is desired in order to pour my 90a poly and install on my 'Tour. Rear flex brake lines - the prop valve on my 'Tour is driving me crazy. Ever tried to located a female 4AN (7/16 X 20) to male 10M X 1.0 adapter? Not finding one anywhere!!!

PDXSVT - what type of food items do I need to bring with me? Or will a simple donation of $$$ suffice and someone make a local run? I will need to bail NLT 11:30 am or so, btw.

Jerry - I am going to make it early in the morning (10 ish) due to have my youngest son graduating from Molalla High School this Saturday afternoon - I need to be back in Molalla NLT 1pm.

Want me to bring the mnb under-dash cover (drivers side) for our younger friend that bought the hood and door from me for his SVT? Would you be able to bring the non-SVT battery tie-down bracket with you? What time are you arriving?

thanks - Bill

I plan to be there around 10:30 assuming I get her all shined up by then. I will bring my stock battery tie down. My brother is cutting a few parts for me and your plain battery tie down is one of them. The stock one is in my trunk for you! If you bring that part of the dash that would be awesome! Nate is actually coming along as well so he will be very appreciative!

Thanks Bill! I look forward to catching up, it's been quite a while!

Bill: I have brats and Italians and buns for same.

Bring something you'd want to wash them down.

Since you leave early, your grilled item menu is  all you can eat. 

Satya, thank you my Man!!! Turns out I won't be makling this event - HS Senior graduation involves much more than simply attentding the ceremonies at 2pm!!!! Breakfast/brunch was in order, then the ceremonies, then on to a relatives house to visit, followed by dropping off my Senior graduate for an "all nighter".

How did I forget this? Well, it's been 6 yrs since the last one graduated from HS, so I guess that explains some of it - though my better-half believes I should have remembered this!!!!

Satya, maybe leave the core rear RR with PDXSVT or Aussie? Believe it or not, this rear RR is the same on 2.0 and 2.5's. Front RR not so much ;-(

thanks again - Mondeoman

Bill: I'm holding a battery tie down for you from Jerry. And I set Nate up with the piece he needed.

Gents: Did Adam come later? Aussie'd helped him do a dash project, then Aussie and Steve made it to the meet. I know Aussie was busy after I left, the parts car has a lot of new interior space.

Mike: I should set you with mousetraps to protect wiring or leave the barn and room doors open for cats?

And remarkably... now driving a rather original pre 98 Ford product which runs/rides well and is mostly electrically competent... I'd not known of the vanity plates.

Who has pix? How'd the later portion of the meet go?

Edited by PDXSVT

Mondeoman.... expect two.. yes TWO rear RR just waiting for you to turn into poly goodness.. Since you didnt bring me a beer... I expect lunch for one.. and then poly fill the other one I left you for me.. prettty pleaaase..?  :)

Shotwell, Aussie Ford:

!) Which members/contours arrived after I had to leave?

2) I was sent a phone picture of the parts car dashboard having been significantly disassembled. Satya knew of someone wanting the gauge cluster. If headway was made on the MTX, maybe that bodes well for wheel bearings, half shafts CVs? 

3) When are heads going on Cassandra?

4) Jeez people. Let's not have everyone post their pictures all at once. 

5) Bill: you missed seeing both CA SVT driver's showroom clean track ready daily driver again and svtlovers not so stock track used csvt.