FordContour.Org

List of People attending the June 6th meet

If you're thinking about coming to any meet, this is the one. It's shaping up to be the biggest meet we've had in a very long time! Lots of cars and several folks who aren't very active on the boards but are active Contour owners nonetheless.

We're going to be hopefully finishing off parting out the SVT in my driveway. Might also be able to do some other repairs on other cars...lots of mechanics in the group. There will definitely be a BBQ...probably an ongoing BBQ all day as needed. If we go late enough I'll light up the fire pit. I have 5 acres so there's lots of room to pitch a tent if you want to stay the night...you're all welcome to.

Drag races in Portland Raceway are also an option...it's only 20 minutes away from my house. $9 per person to watch, $30 to race (cash only). They go from 5:30pm to about midnight. http://portlandraceway.com/?/events/upcoming_events/drags

Tons of stuff to do in Portland too, in case you get all Contoured out  :wink:

Sounds great! I may bring a tent for fun!  I will bring some hand tools and two jack stands. also I will have a front stock RR that I dont need...

Yeah, that's cool too. If you guys have useful parts you want to get rid of bring em on over. I have what's turning out to be a Contour storage room.

In other news, I spoke with Lance. Unfortunately he isn't able to make it due to previous commitments. Sucks because it sounded like he really wanted to come! Oh well, maybe next time. (Maybe better for me so I can have Cassandra running correctly by then!)

This is getting closer and I'm excited!

I'd be interested if anyone has a pre98 console and all the fixins.. if not its parts car console for me.

I wouldn't be surprised if Aussie Ford has a couple of those laying around.

We're on tap for a sunny and hot weekend. Bring your sunscreen folks!

I need a better idea of who is actually coming. I also need to know when folks plan to start showing up.

Ill be there around 10-11am.. Ivan will be with me.. and hopefully maybe a guy up north but he's waiting for a clutch to arrive this week..

I'll be there close to 10:30 if finicky trashed CSVT cooperates.

Gearhead friend #1 is likely by mid day.

Gearhead friend #2 w/ his Evo is a maybe.

J Balch wants info on what to bring. 

RobFresh2svts can't make it due to a wedding in Seattle.

I plan to do a Costco italians/brats run the night before.

I have midwest visitors arriving in Portland at maybe 8 p.m. IF their cross country drive stays on schedule, so I am on stand by about when I have to leave Saturday nite, MAYBE a relief cook is needed sometime after 7:30???

I texted Mr. Baker/tech gurru and Shortyman on reminders, have yet to hear back

bring any contour parts you want to get rid of :)

and are we going to do any UIM cleanings? Im bringing my tools adn jackstands no matter waht tho

UIM cleaning? Get gallon tins of B12 Chemtool and some UIM gaskets if that's on your radar. 

Thanks for posting for me PDXSVT! I finally got logged in! 

I will be there and will have Nate (The youngest of the group I'm sure at 16 years old) following me in his 99 SilFro SVT

I am excited! I took the heat shield to my brothers shop to see what it would take for them to make a copy of it for us... He may not have an answer by the meet since I just finally got around to getting it to him. I drew it up in CAD as separate parts so he can cut and weld it up. 

I will grab some frozen patties (I know, I know... what can I say... I'm cheap but willing to share LOL).

Bill- I have my old battery strap you can have and My brother is cutting a blank strap like the ones I took to a meet a couple of years ago without SVT on it.

Also confirmed Friday to be there Saturday: Mr. Baker aka tech gurru

I count up 14 yes/expected cdw-27s, 4 more maybes, 1 more knows about it

3 more yes non cdw-27s, 4 more non-cdw-27 maybes

Not sure of stragglers, surprise show ups, others I'd not heard anything about, but also throw in some family members. 

won't be surprised if we hit 30 people. 

Edited by PDXSVT

The more the merrier. It's already really sunny...bring your sunscreen folks!

There's plenty of shade here, but not out by the parts car.

Thanks for posting for me PDXSVT! I finally got logged in! 

I will be there and will have Nate (The youngest of the group I'm sure at 16 years old) following me in his 99 SilFro SVT

I am excited! I took the heat shield to my brothers shop to see what it would take for them to make a copy of it for us... He may not have an answer by the meet since I just finally got around to getting it to him. I drew it up in CAD as separate parts so he can cut and weld it up. 

I will grab some frozen patties (I know, I know... what can I say... I'm cheap but willing to share LOL).

Bill- I have my old battery strap you can have and My brother is cutting a blank strap like the ones I took to a meet a couple of years ago without SVT on it.

Jerry - Tell Nate I have that under dash panel for him. Of course the pats SVT may have on as well. If you would leave that battery strap with PDXSVT or Aussie, that would be appreciated - turn sout that my 18 yr old's HS Senior Graduation activities will consume more of today than I earlier thought, hence I once again miss out on the gathering of the best!!

Thanks - Mondeoman.

Big thanks to Mike for the venue, hospitality, food and company.  It is always worthwhile to get together to visit with each car owner and learn more.  The 2 Focus ST's were nice to see up close.

mondeoman's son's event pulled rank, and I had family matters taking over by mid afternoon myself. 

Before I left, we'd had 10 contours, 2 foci, and a Mercury with Illinois Sox plates. And some Contour owners with other cars. And some still on the way... ?

CA SVT driver: What a pristine car, plus the big brake and boxing/connectors upgrades for track day play. Food for thought for mine.

And svtlover: The hybrid UIM makes that 3L look stock but suiting it for high power band racing, and keeping the 4.08 FD goes with that. Like the metal flake paint too. 

If either of you plan to do an upcoming track day at PIR, make sure to mention it with lead time for some of us to take that in.

Marty: Do you still do track days with Cascade SCC? 

Edited by PDXSVT