FordContour.Org

A/T harness connector (10 pins-female)

Pieloux

On my 1995 Contour SE with automatic transmission, I noticed that the connector on the top of the transmission cover is badly corroded. I used electrical contact product to clean it and  discovered that a couple of wires are almost loose. I need to change this connector  which is no longer available from FORD. Does someone know where I could find this connector (new or used). The car is located in France where this model has never been available which means that I have no chance to find it in a junk yard. Many thanks for assistance

A very few 1995 Mondeo V6 with A/T were sold on the european market. 20 years after I did not find any available for  parts and the dozen of junk yard I contacted did not have this model. I would think that junk yards or/and used parts dealers in the States, should have this part. Unfortunatly I have no information  on such junk yards/used parts dealers. 

If someone could give me this kind of information,  I would be very interested in making some contacts.

Thanks for assistance

You might want to try to find this connector on the web - sites such as http://www.clipsandfasteners.com/default.asp or even spec a non-OEM using connectors from this site - http://www.corsa-technic.com/index.php

If you could supply a picture of this connector and it's location on the auto trans, our group in the PNW that frequent the bone yards, would keep our eyes open for you.

Thank you for the information. I'll go on these sites. Attached is a photo of the part I need (Transaxle harness connector)

Many thank for your assistancepost-16374-0-12169300-1440253338_thumb.jpg

Excellent picture!! Not owning an ATX model 'Tour, level connector was foreign to me, until now. Will keep my eyes open on the next visit to a bone yard or a parts car.