Sign in to follow this  
ag113

97 zetec

hello, thanks for all this great info

was wondering where to find out about the computer module located behind the reservoir for i believe the power steering fluid on the rear passenger side area of the engine compartment. I believe thats the pcm and im having issues where the coil gets no power. i bypassed the wires from the harness directly to the coil and power and got the engine to crank and run but as soon as i turned it off it wouldnt start again. i found the pcm on ebay preprogrammed with 30 guarantee, but will it even work and how do i find the connector and harness that goes to it? if you have any info or can point me in the right direction i would be so appreciative 

I will be posting this in under the hood as well, thanks

OK, let's take this one step at a time. Yes, PCM is located as you state. I am hesitant to tell you to replace your pcm, at this time. Replacing parts, w/o going thru a logical troubleshooting shooting procedure is most times a waste of money and an exercise in futility. What was/is your original problem? When did this problem start? Have you attempted to pull any OBDII codes? What has been replaced. I realize these questions may have already been answered, but I desire to start from the beginning. Thanks - Mondeoman

..99% of the time these end up as bad wiring harness issues....

On '97 models this is a given!! I am sure thru the troubleshooting steps this will become apparent. Of course his '97 may be the 1% that has had the wiring upgrades performed under the Ford Campaign.

Sign in to follow this  

Important Information

By using this site, you agree to our Terms of Use.