Hi,Im probably missing a trick but I cant get the ball joint pin back in ,do I need to buy a spring compresser or is there another way.I havnt removed the tierod or the anti roll bar and would like to avoid it if possible as they are really rusty and will have to be replaced if taken off,do to the corrossion.I already attempted to take off the link for the anti roll bar and stripped the bolt,so it would have tp be cut off,and it actually works fine.The tie rod I can probably get off but I often tear the rubber getting them off thus Id have to replace it,and its got no play so again Id rather leave it on.It just occured to me that maybe I can just disconnect the strut at the hub and that might make it possible,ill have a look,but your help would be greatly appreciated.  THANKS DAVE S

• 3 weeks later...

Are you talking about the ball joint that connects the front lower control arm to the steering knuckle? I was able to step on the control arm and get enough space to lift the knuckle and align the pin. My control arm bushings are pretty shot though, which might have helped me. This was part of a strut and spring replacement job.

I found that the entire assembly is easier to work with if you get the knuckle behind (toward the rear of the vehicle) the lower control arm as you separate them. The parts just line up better that way. And make sure to unbolt the steering tie rod and the sway bar link.

Important Information

By using this site, you agree to our Terms of Use.