Sign in to follow this  
PNWContour

March/April meet up?

Yes! It's always too long though.

What do you have in mind?

Speaking of a meet, some peripheral topics include:

Mike: How are your Benz fixes coming along? Some of us might want to help on getting Cassandra up running again. (And don't tease me talking of "Engine Swap Headquarters." You have a mean streak.) 

Aussie: Do you have any diet adjustments on your horizon to incorporate into future grilling plans?

Siberian Steve: As the weather warms, that parts car MTX-75 is whispering to you.

I have 4 more people to bring to the next meet.. Seth, Scott  Jose and Eric... ( silver, silver, red , red)  muwhahaha we're getting bigger!

but I digress...

Sorry 5.. Nathan will show up.. he put the duratec svt 2.5 in a ford focus so he kinda counts..

The more the merrier!

Sounds like another Seattle area meet. I'm still in!

I especially want to see that Focus. I might bring my Focus ST friends for that sight!

Well apparently building the seattle chapter means actually building contours.. I have 2-4 engine swaps I will be directing/doing over the next few months. I am currently working on Scott's silver svt in Kent doing an engine swap. Then Scott and I will help Rob, our newest member swap his engine and then last but not least I need a trans in my DD and brads/mine racecar needs an engine.

Needless to say I will be an expert at this soon which is really exciting but still quit daunting of a task. Nothing worth anything came easy. Side note we are up to 13 SVT's in Seattle and growing :)

That's great news! Take your time and don't cut any corners...you'll do great man.

Let me know if you need anything from the Shotwell parts depot  :idea:

Even more importantly, when are we meeting?

I wanted to do the two engine swaps and wait for Jeff down in Eatonville to swap his trans so we have a full crew but I'm not oppposed to setting something up sooner. Is it too cold for a BBQ?

Maybe some pie and a drive near the mountain??

All sounds good to me. Let's pick a date and a place and see how many people we can get on board.

Oh man! I just sent him an email. Hope he's ok.

Did someone say engine swaps? I know of a SF candidate in Portland. 

My medical stuff is behaving of late in case someone needs a grill attended, keep us posted on where and when. 

I"m in the process of going to look at that car and may pick it up. :) :)

Do i have a bigger contour problem then you guys?? ahh.. I think soo...

PDX.. once my guys get done w the 2 engine swaps up here we'll come down and do anther one !

So what's this rumor of an SVT finding a new home? And is Aussie up against competition for owning multiple 'Tours locally?

Thank you all for your concern upon seeing my red CSVT was for sale after 16 years of original-owner enjoyment.  My 30 years of back injuries resulted in no longer being fully capable of driving a manual.  All the doctors said stop, so I did.  I am fine otherwise, but sad.  Not actively shifting after 49 years is strange and I will miss one of my favorite cars ever.

Good news is that the car, all my parts and reference materials are staying in the area with one of our active CSVT participants.  I will let him "announce" that if and when he wants to.

I still want to meet with you all at any Contour gatherings.  I promise not to drive anything which might be offensive. 

So it's a bad news / good news situation. I remember letting my SVT go...it was an emotional day. 

Hope to see you at the next meet, whatever you're driving!

Not driving anything offensive? No diesel that smells like Skipper's seafood sampler? 

Uh oh. I'm gonna get hit with a weird recording by Shotwell for saying that. 

(Mr. Bill voice on seeing Sluggo:) Ohhh noooo!!  

Don't we have any moderators to keep this site clean?

I take back the Skipper's smell comment, just make it stop!

(For those who are too curious for their own good: the note on the elderly lady says "Larry's Mom." The poor dear.)