FordContour.Org

**Attention all members, please read this message**

BuckeyeSVT

Hello all,

It's been a while and I haven't really been in contact with many of you - However I need to pass along some very sad information to all of you.

I was emailed this morning by Terry Haines daughter. She let me know that on February 11th, Terry passed away of a sudden coronary. There was a memorial on the 15th or 16th, but that's all the information I have at this time.

The obituary can be seen here: http://www.frenchandrising.com/_mgxroot/page_10780.php?id=1591093

Again, Terry was a good friend to me - And a fellow enthusiast to all of us. There is a guestbook on the funeral home site that can be signed by friends.

Thanks,

-Dominic

Very sad indeed!  Like many on here I never actually met Terry, but I spoke on the phone with him a few times in the process of his rebuilding my MTX-75 (which is now better than new).

As a fellow mechanical engineer I always enjoyed his "engineer" mind set and insights.

You'll be missed Terry!  Both as a person and as a Contour/Mystique/Mondeo community resource.

Al Seim

2000 Contour SVT

Richmond, VA

Edited by 2000SVTC

RIP Terry, what a loss for the entire community. 

My condolences go out to all those who were able to know Terry personally.  I was unable to meet him, but I had spoken to him a number of times when some of the crazy things I was trying to do to a Contour went awry.  We were able to communicate engineer-to-engineer and keep pushing the limits of what can be done.  Let us continue to be inspired by his legacy and keep the CDW27s on the road.

My condolences to Terry's family and friends. I have known Terry for a number of years and he rebuilt my SVT transmission last year.

Terry will be dearly missed. RIP

Thank you for sharing this with us, Dom.  I am just so sorry to hear the news.  Terry has felt like such a permanent – and huge – pillar in our community, that it’s hard to believe he’s gone.  I’ve truly appreciated his unique personality and his ready willingness to share his vast knowledge and skills these many years.  I can only begin to imagine what his sudden passing must be like for his family and closest friends.  My deepest condolences to them. 

RIP, Terry.

My condolences to all his friends and family. His loss hits us all, even if we never talked in person. It's a rare individual who can combine such knowledge and experience, and remain friendly and helpful. Many lesser professionals would ignore everyone who's not a customer, but here any and all relevant questions were answered. Merely the loss of his ever accessible knowledge and experience feels terrible, and from what I gathered from his personality, it must be much worse for all who knew him well. 

You're not alone in your pain.

Important Information

By using this site, you agree to our Terms of Use.