FordContour.Org

August 20th Meet in the Portland Area

shotwell

Is he next looking for a maybe "restorable" svt front bumper and rear bumper?

Or maybe he wants them from your red parts car.

He had SE skirts already, right?

Yes he is.. I have another fellow who needs a entire front end.. was hoping to find black but Im open to options.. He wants to save it and the shop quoted him 7500. What do we got.

post-18235-0-90735600-1472014967_thumb.jpg

post-18235-0-59874200-1472014968_thumb.jpg

post-18235-0-01181100-1472014969_thumb.jpg

His looks like the damage that I have on my Black/ MNB CSVT

I have got a new grill, hood and headlights, straightened out the rad support,

Right now I am doing secondary damage on the rear quarters and I will be plastic welding the bumper tears 

I did have pictures of the repairs so far but can't find them at the moment.

Not including labor so far it has only cost me about $300.00 for parts

It will probably be another $1000.00 by the time it is painted

Then I have to have a goverment inspection on the repairs

About the front end damage being dealt with: Won't many 1998-2000 Contours have some/most of those radiator support/front end/hood/body-ish components in common, so the grill and bumper are the most svt unique?

wallE, have you done plastic work before on bumpers? 

I'm figuring at some point to remove the SF front bumper now on my off-road model SF '98 SVT.

I also have an extra rear bumper, shipped to me by Sam in Florida, which needs some plastic fixes.

I started to work on the plastic repair two years ago, I got the right type of plastic filler rod but didn't have the right heat source.

initial tests seem to have worked fine

Now I have two types of heat guns for plastic welding and believe I can do a good repair

Rad support repaired

IMG 1037

Here are two images of the repaired rad support. Note I did not replace it, I pulled it out and reshaped it then filled and painted it( very little filler)

Huh? We had 173 Contours at the meet (along with Mike's 199 Benzes) and NO pictures of cars at the meet?

Should I dig up pictures of Steve's Lumina looking like it raced at Darlington with door panel stripes from the wall?

Bill: there was some talk of 5 speed zetecs and a 1941 Willys Jeep. You must have been working or doing house updates.

And do you have Jerry Balch's number? I'll need my pudmonkie heatshield back if he's done measuring it.

Unfortunately the majority of the banter and photo swapping is happening on Facebook these days. 

I'll try to get photos from Marty. I know he took a lot of them.

• 3 weeks later...

Meet never happened? No pics. 

And the SF front bumper on my beater is available, it's seen bumps and scrapes but not holes or tears, it might clean/repaint well.

Sorry guys, the people in the black helicopters (Midnight Blue Interior) made me do it, He wasn't supposed to see these!!! Especially Marks car in Black and T red!!!

https://drive.google.com/open?id=0BwPAMMft-rVwWU9kMVJFcERoV1U

Edited by wallE

Is this going to become a Yearly Thing? 

Can we start a West Coast Meet ? LOL

I hope so, at least!

We used to have several meetings a year. I think our current member population can support more than we're doing.

yea I"d like to build up more SVT's obviously.. get the cougars involved. and then start expanding to CA, AZ, Vegas and some more Idaho. Ive gotten some results in Canada and Alaska so I really just need to start focusing on a new quadrant of the West coast. With your guyss help of course.. :)

I hope so, at least!

We used to have several meetings a year. I think our current member population can support more than we're doing.

yea I"d like to build up more SVT's obviously.. get the cougars involved. and then start expanding to CA, AZ, Vegas and some more Idaho. Ive gotten some results in Canada and Alaska so I really just need to start focusing on a new quadrant of the West coast. With your guyss help of course.. :)

I am shooting for next year, lets start planning early. I will pass this onto the CA Kids and lets get a big one going. I am down to help, just hope my POS is finally done this winter LOL