FordContour.Org

NEWEST MEMBER TO FCO

mondeoman

Hey TEAM, we have a new member to our folds - annaford. She recently bought a used 1999 Contour SE 6 cylinder w/auto. Of course she is experiencing ALL THINGS CONTOUR!!!! I happened to met her when she came into my O'Reilly's store (Oregon City) looking for parts and guidance (natch). She has a very straight 'Tour and I would like to see her receive full enjoyment from it. She already has remarked about the many tributes we have come to know and like (handling, looks, etc).

I shared with her my enthusiasm for the breed (go figure, right?) and stated WE would be ready and willing to assist her in any way possible; our vast knowledge, resources, etc. Of course I suggested FCO - this goes w/o saying!!

I find out last night that her alternator is dead, she is running off her battery only. Also her dip stick handle is broken off, just below the dip stick tube (top). She also has the "lopping idle" that is all too familiar to you 2.5 owners - I also am aware it could be a simple vacuum leak in a line.

What do we say - can we assist her in swapping out this alternator? I mentioned the "get-together" on the 20th - she would be willing to buy the brats and brew in exchange for the labor!!

What do we say? Let's show her the love we have for all things Contour/Mystique/Cougar!!

Mondeoman

IN ERROR - She has a Zetec 2.0 - Also her dip stick handle is broken off, just below the dip stick tube (top). She also has the "lopping idle" that is all too familiar to you 2.5 owners - I also am aware it could be a simple vacuum leak in a line.

CAM02521.jpg

An alternator swap sounds awesome!! yay. Shotwell was complaining that an UIM/LIM cleaning would take too long but compared to an alt swap no way..

Sounds like fun I"m down!

If enough people are willing to work I don't see a problem with working on several vehicles at once. I certainly have enough space!

As you can see, I blew this one....too many Contours showing up at O'Reilly's maybe? When one drives in, it is "my queue" to respond!!

Really guys/gals, I DO know the difference between a a 4 cylinder and a V6!!!!    :oops:

• 4 weeks later...

the lopping issue is usually a MAF sensor or DPFE thing. The dip stick being broken off if it can be grabbed by a long pointed needle nose plier that could resolve that issue quickly. Many available at Pick n Pull.

AF