Sign in to follow this  
Mikekx65

95 contour license plate light problems.

Hello I have searched and have not found an answer to my question so here it goes. I have a 95 contour with the 2.5l. My license plate lights have not been working and I got pulled over for it. I fig it would be a simple bulb change but I was wrong. When I unscrewed them and got the out I seen it completly corroded and the wires broke off the fixture all together. I was able to rig it but will need something permanent sooner than later. I searched and can't seem to find any direct replacement for them or any info elsewhere on what others have done. Any help will be appricated. Thank you -Mike

Junkyard can be a source, but many times they are in the same condition as yours. A search of ebay "oem ford contour license plate light" resulted in some aftermarket "exact fit" led bulbs with the lens

Not many of us out there with 95's -- have 2 SE's myself, one 5sp one Atx

Edited by germanfordguy

Can you possubly post a link to the ebay search results? I searched what you suggested but couldn't find what you had found. Thanks

http://autoplicity.com/2524761-dorman-85814-license-plate-socket?1&gclid=Cj0KEQjw6uO-BRDbzujwtuzAzfkBEiQAAnhJ0JRCFsQoOrG2ywQuSVauhfXx0h_0R1OG_VSgi56OnKcaAn6g8P8HAQ

Not ebay but the wires you are looking for 

Hi Mike, 

I picked up a pair of the lenses with wires today from the junkyard. They are not perfect, but serviceable. Yours for $10 shipped.

Steve